Do you feel like having nutritious juices for breakfast right at your home?
To do that you will need to have a good juicer at your home. Generally, individuals settle for a centrifugal juicer as they are fast and inexpensive. Compared to them, a cold press juicer is slower but they are better in retaining the nutrition present in the juice.
The Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer is one of the best models available in the Indian market right now. It doesn’t only have a hard body that is break-proof, but its innovative design helps in taking out the maximum juice from fruits and vegetables. With the Hestia juicer, you will wake up to fine smelling juices every morning.
Keep on reading to know more about the benefits of a cold press juicer.
- Best Cold Press Juicers in India
- Cold Press Juicer Reviews (2020)
- Cold Press Juicers: Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Cold Press Juicers in 2020
Cold Press Juicer in India: Review
1. Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer – Our Best Pick in 2020
Excellent Performing Cold Press Juicer
This is the best cold press juicer available in India. The PEI Auger present in this model is ready to take every fruit or vegetable and juice it in the perfect way.
Its weight and sturdiness help in taking out the maximum juice and even a drop isn’t wasted. If you need an all-in-one Auger, then this one performs multiple tasks of smashing, grinding, pressing, cutting, and crushing. This helps it to go through even the hardest of ingredients and even frozen fruits and vegetables.
Other Remarkable features
The weight of the product helps it to stay in place and the motor is powerful enough to take out the juice without hampering the nutrition present in it.
You do not need to worry about the safety of the juicer as it is BPA and BPS free, so you can easily prepare baby food using this machine.
Food products between the temperatures of -15℃ to 85℃ can be introduced in the juicer without any problem. The large chute enables you to feed it with whole apples and carrots.
The design of the machine is quite new and it helps you in the kitchen every day to prepare different kinds of juices. Moreover, because of its wonderful and powerful performance, it can handle heavy commercial usage for a shop beside home usage.
• The Augur is produced out of Spacecraft-grade Ultem PEI material which durable along with metal grooves in the bottom to reduce noise.
• The powerful motor with 55 RPM of the cold press juicer helps in squeezing juice even out of frozen fruits and vegetables.
• The juice operates between the voltages of 220 to 240 Volts AC.
• All the plastic components of the juicer are BPA and BPS free, and food safe.
• The feeding tube of the model is 75 mm which helps to juice whole fruits and the chute even has a divider to cut the fruit to prevent blockages.
• The Hestia juicer is designed in an innovative way to separate the pulp from the juice.
• Cleaning the juicer is super easy.
• The dimensions of the juicer are 35 x 35 x 45 cm.
• The juicer weighs 7.47 KG
• The company provides a 3-year warranty on the electronic parts of the juicer and a 10-year warranty on its motor.
Why do we recommend the Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer?
We are recommending this model because of its heavy and powerful Auger which takes out nutritious juices from all types of fruits and vegetables. This juicer has already received a lot of love from its prior customers, so that makes it a valuable component for anyone who wants to maintain their health.
2. Kuvings Professional Cold Press Juicer (B1700)
Superior Performance with Safety
When we are in the market to get a good juicer, we require at least some basic features in the model. This product from Kuvings has much more than just the basic requirements.
The motor performs at a rate that doesn’t cause much noise but it does help in producing some of the healthiest juices out of fruits, vegetables, and greens. You do not need to think about the plastic as it is BPA free and food grade.
There is no need to cut the vegetables beforehand because of the large chute present in this juicer. It also has a safety lock which ensures that it wouldn’t cause accidents.
High Quality & Healthy Juice
At a time you can make quite a bit of juice and you can even make new recipes. 30-minutes are enough time for making multiple batches of juice. The Auger, as well as the whole machine, is quite sturdy which helps it to churn out fresh and healthy juices in no time.
On top of that this high-quality juicer has proven to be long-lasting and also very helpful to save you the money that you spend on buying juices laced with preservatives from the market.
The cleaning tool that comes along with the product helps you tidy things easier. Kuvings knows that you are investing in this product so that it stays in your home for a long time and they do provide a 10-year warranty on the gear and motor.
• The Auger of this model is ULTEM based and is made of allowing which allows it to make quick and efficient juices.
• It has 76 mm large mouth present and patented for its design which allows it to incorporate whole fruits.
• Other than juicing, this model is also able to make nut milk and smoothies.
• The juicer also has a safety lock system which only allows it to start once everything has been arranged correctly.
• A smart cap is present in the taps to avoid any spillage of the precious juices.
• 100% BPA free plastic has been used in all the components of this juicer.
• The Juicing bowl present in this model is of 400 ml.
• Weight of the juicer is 9.4 KG.
• Dimension of the product: 450 X 280 X 360 mm.
• It can run for 30 minutes in a go.
• A patented cleaning tool is also provided along with this juicer.
• Kuvings provides a 1-year comprehensive warranty on the product along with a 10-year warranty on the gear and motor of the model.
Who will be benefitted with Kuvings Professional Cold Press Juicer?
This powerful juicer model is the best for those households where people prefer to drink healthier juices made out of fresh fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
3. Hestia Nutri-Squeeze Cold Press Juicer
Affordable price with Brilliant Features
Compared to the usual cold press juicers that you get in the market, this model from Hestia is on the affordable side and the best part is Hestia already has a huge customer base and this model is especially popular among health-conscious individuals.
It doesn’t let you compromise with the juices that you have on a daily basis and when you purchase this juicer you get a complete package. It is perfect for people who are looking towards being healthy as the motor at operates at 45 RPM churns out great-tasting juices that are nutritious.
Apart from that, the Tritan plastic used in the model is food safe and BPA free. While making the juices it doesn’t create much sound, so it is great for households with children and pets.
Good Performance and Compact Design
The model does have a wide feeding tube to incorporate whole fruits which saves your time in the morning. On top of that, the Auger is made from Co-Polyester which is a durable material and it helps in providing the perfect pressure to take out the best juices.
In the 20 minutes that you get out of the model, you can make several glasses of juices. The design of this juicer is compact so that it can easily fit on the countertop which is great for kitchens with a space crunch.
• The plastic components of this Hestia juicer are completely BPA and BPS free and the food bowl can sustain temperatures from -15℃ to 85℃.
• This juicer operates at a noise level which is less than 40 dB.
• It also has a 78 mm chute which is perfect for a whole orange, an apple or even for a whole carrot.
• The Auger of this model is made of Co-Polyester which is highly durable and aids in complete juicing of a fruit or vegetable.
• This juicer machine operates in the AC voltage range of 220 to 240 Volts.
• It does come with a juice strainer and a smoothie strainer to separate the juice from the pulp.
• The speed of the juicer is 45 RPM which helps in squeezing out the juice and at a time the motor can work for 20 minutes with On, Off and Reverse feature.
• It weighs just 5.9 KG which is manageable for regular use.
• Dimensions of the juicer are 42 x 23 x 50 cm.
• Hestia provides a 1-year warranty on the electrical parts and 5-years warranty on the motor.
Why should you buy Hestia Nutri-Squeeze Cold Press Juicer?
This model is perfect for those people who are looking for a budget cold press juicer that churns out perfect healthy glasses of juice without making any noise.
4. Kuvings Professional Cold Press Juicer (C7000)
High Brand Value
Have you ever looked at a cold juicer and thought of having it at your home? This model from Kuvings will fulfill your dream of having one as it is packed with all the needed features and more.
This particular model from Kuvings is a perfect example of a well-designed juicer which extracts healthy and tasty juices and has all the features that someone will look for in a juicer. On top of that Kuvings is a known brand and this model has been a favorite in 2020.
Ease of Handling and Cleaning
The shape and design of the juicer not only looks good but is actually helpful for the juicing. The ULTEM Auger is great and it can even juice hard fruits and vegetables.
The motor works fast and efficiently to extract the juice without causing much noise or vibrations. Cleaning the juicer is also a breeze because of the silicone-free juicing bowls and easy disassembling features.
Safety and Durability
You do not need to worry about accidental starts as this does come with the safety lock feature. The broad feeding tube and the powerful motor make a perfect combination to extract different kinds of juices and the smart caps prevent any spillage. On top of that, the long 10-year warranty on the motor and the gear ensure that you will get help in case of any problem.
• The ULTEM auger is designed out of materials that are used in aeroplanes which make it durable and perfect for taking out juices from fruits, vegetables and greens and even for crushing nuts and grains. It also helps in the separation of pulp from the juice.
• The motor of this model which performs at 50 RPM has an advanced gear design to provide better torque for juicing and it causes less noise and minimal vibrations.
• The juicing bowl of this juicer is silicone made so things do not stick to it and you can easily clean things off.
• This model also has smart caps which reduces spilling and helps you to mix different kinds of juices.
• The 76 mm feeding chute is perfect for introducing whole fruits like apples and pears.
• It has a maximum run time for this juice is 30 minutes and there should be an idle time of 15 minutes between each session.
• The Safety lock feature is present in this juicer which prevents you from starting it before proper assembly.
• Assembly and disassembling of this juicer is quite easy which aids in easy cleaning.
• Dimension of this juicer is 45 X 28 X 36 cm.
• Weight of the product is 10.2 KG.
• Kuvings provides a 1-year warranty on the whole juicer along with a 10-year warranty on the gear and motor of the model.
Who will be benefitted with buying the Kuvings Professional Cold Press Juicer?
This model of cold juicer is perfect for households as well as professions because it extracts juices from all types of fruits and vegetables which get over quite fast.
5. Balzano ZZJ827M Cold Press Slow Juicer Review
Ease of Use
Often individuals want to get a cold press juicer which is fuss-free and easy to use and this one from Balzano fits all the boxes of such a requirement. It is easy to handle and completely safe.
On top of that, the powerful motor is able to extract juices from all kinds of fruits and vegetables in just minutes leaving behind a dry pulp while retaining the nutrients. It also operates without making any sound or vibration. The model was devised in Italy by some of the best people which explain its quality.
The use of Tritan plastic ensures that the juicer is completely safe for the whole family. Being a compact juicer, it can fit in your kitchen easily without causing any hassle.
It even has a proper juice release plug to prevent spillage. On top of that, you can easily disassemble it and clean it under the tap.
Definitely, this particular cold juicer from Balzano will make a household healthier by providing them with nutritious and flavourful juice on a daily basis and they do not have to spend a tonne of money to get it.
Also, this affordable juicer has already gained quite a bit of popularity in India. If you face any problems regarding the juicer contact the company as they are ready to help you.
• Motor speed is 55 RPM which is not only fast but it can go through both hard and soft vegetables in no time while retaining all the essential nutrients.
• The juicer operates without making much sound or any vibration.
• It has been designed and engineered in Italy.
• Dimension of this product is 19 x 19 x 52 cm.
• The Tritan plastics used in the components of this juicer are completely BPA free.
• The juice release plug helps in preventing any spillage and also aids in perfect cleaning.
• A dessert attachment is provided with the juicer to make sorbets and frozen fruit desserts.
• You can easily disassemble this juicer and clean it thoroughly.
• Balzano provides a 1-year comprehensive warranty on the juicer including a 5-years manufacturer warranty on the motor.
Why should you buy Balzano ZZJ827M 180-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer?
Anyone who is looking for a healthy juicer can get this model from Balzano as it is perfect for making those delicious juices which not only look good but also tastes good.
Things to Know for Purchasing the Best Cold Press Juicer in India
Are you confused about purchasing a juicer?
Is the salesman constantly trying to push you something which you aren’t sure about?
Or, do you want a healthier alternative of the juicer that you currently own?
A good cold press juicer can be the solution to these confusions. So, here are some of the points that you should know before purchasing one.
How Does a Cold Press Juicer Work?
These are an alternative to the centrifugal juicers which are dominant in the market. You may have heard about a slow juicer or a masticating juicer which are synonyms of the cold press juicer. The main thing about the process is that the Auger present in this type of juicer masticates or squeezes out the maximum amount of juice from the fruit or vegetable. This is done in a gentle manner which helps to retain the flavour and nutrients which makes the juice healthier.
The best thing about the process is that there is no heat build-up which is detrimental for nutrients. The amount of oxidation is also less in case of the best cold press juicers and you can store the juices for a longer time. It can also be used for making sorbets, baby foods and nut milk depending on the auger that is present in the particular model.
In the most common models, you will find a food pipe where you feed the fruit or veggies and then use a pusher to help the juicer to squeeze it. The mechanism is built in a way that the machine separates the pulp and the juice and collects them in different vessels. Generally, these also have a higher yield compared to that of centrifugal juicers.
Here is a nice video by Usha explaining the detailed features of a cold press juicer.
Types of Cold Press Juicers
Mainly there are two types of cold press juicers- the horizontal and the vertical types. Most of the older models of masticating juicers were horizontal but the ones that we have mentioned over here are vertical.
Vertical models are more common for both household and commercial use. In the vertical models, there is a long food pipe in which the fruit or vegetable needs to be introduced. The vertical models often have the self-cleaning function in it.
Horizontal cold press juicers, on the other hand, are often heavy-duty and they come with a lot of attachments. If you want to make juices out of green leafy vegetables, then horizontal cold press juicers may be the best bet. With the right attachments, they can also be used for making pasta, nut butter and also for mincing. These models also have a greater juicing capacity compared to the vertical designs.
Cold Press Juicers vs. Centrifugal Juicers
There are a few basic points that make a cold press juicer better when we compare it to a centrifugal juicer. The first one is that of nutrients. A centrifugal juicer extracts juice with the help of an extremely powerful motor that has a speed of up to 15,000 RPM. So, the juicer actually grinds the fruit or vegetable to make the produce.
The high-speed along with the generated heat destroys the essential nutrients present in the juice. Along with that, the juice cannot be stored for more than 24 hours. Individuals can also notice separation in the juice that is produced.
Compared to that a slow juicer’s motor has a speed varies between 40-80 RPM and it squeezes the juice out of the fruit or vegetable with the help of the auger. So, the process takes a bit longer than any of the centrifugal juicers. There is no production of heat, so the nutrients remain intact. There is also no separation of the juice and due to less oxidation; the juice can be stored for up to 72 hours.
Another thing to note is that centrifugal juicers are often much noisier due to the super-fast motor. But they are lighter in weight and are cost-effective, whereas cold press juicers are heavier are the price is on the steeper side. Also, a cold juicer has a better product when compared to a centrifugal juicer.
So, these are the main difference between cold press and centrifugal juicer. These come out to be more beneficial even though they cost a little more.
Advantages of Using a Cold Press Juicer
The first advantage of using a cold press juicer is that the product keeps the juice rich in nutrients which makes it healthier. On top of that, the juice is denser, flavourful and uniform in taste.
Secondly, because the juice isn’t exposed to air, there is less oxidation which helps in storing the juice for a longer period of time. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 21 days.
The third advantage is that the slow motor doesn’t produce any heat, so there is the retention of minerals, vitamins and no damage is done to the juice.
Moreover, the fourth advantage is that cold press juicers are a better type of juicer, so there is maximum utilization of the fruit or vegetable. They also help to produce juice from leafy greens.
The fifth advantage is that the cold juicers produce low noise and vibration making it perfect for a household with children and pets.
Without these remarkable benefits, you wouldn’t really think about purchasing one such juicer for yourself. They are quite helpful especially for people who are looking for a healthier lifestyle. Once you start having juices made from cold press juicers, you will never go back for a quicker alternative. These juicers also have a longer lifetime, so think of about getting one and passing it on to future generations.
10 Typical Features to Look for in a Cold Press Juicer and Why?
- Broad Food Pipes: You may have seen that all the products that we have mentioned have one thing in common. All of them have broad food pipes as they help you to minimize the need for cutting the fruits and vegetables in extra small pieces. You can even introduce whole carrots, apples or oranges into the chutes and use the pusher to get great juice. A narrow food pipe may get a blockage which is undesirable especially when you have too little to no time in the morning.
- BPA-Free Plastic: When you are investing in something expensive like a cold press juicer, you want it to be beneficial for you. As we know, plastics can often be toxic for our body if it is not food safe. BPA-free plastic usage ensures that it doesn’t contain Bisphenol A. This makes it safe to drink or eat out of. Parents who use the juicer for making baby food should make sure that it is BPA-free.
- Auger: The Auger is the most important part of a cold press juicer as it is involved in extracting the juice by squeezing the fruit or vegetable. A good Auger should be made of a durable material and it should have the features to extract the maximum amount of juice to make it useful. The products that we have mentioned above are equipped with great Augers to squeeze out nutritious juices.
- Maximum Run Time and Idle Time: How long do you usually use a juicer? Are 20-minutes enough for you or would you like more time? The maximum run time depends on the quality of the motor. So, definitely check that out before making the final decision. Also, pay attention to the idle time which is the gap that needs to be present between two successive sessions. Knowing the maximum run time as well as the idle time will help you estimate the batches of juice that you can produce in one go.
- Multi-Purpose Usage: Do you really think that you will be having juices on a daily basis? If not, then you may want to get a juicer that has diverse uses to it. Most of the cold press juicers can also be used to make baby food, nut or grain milk, and also to make desserts like sorbets.
- Easy-Cleaning: A big part of making any food through an appliance is to clean it. These days most cold juicers come with the feature of self-cleaning in which you need to add water and the machine cleans itself. This saves the time that you would have used to thoroughly clean the product.
- Easy Assembly and Disassembly: This goes along with the point of cleaning. We do not want to struggle with the juicer while taking out the containers. So, you should always look for a juicer that disassembles well. You should also be able to easily put the pieces together without the help of a manual or a secondary helper.
- Safety Measures: Have you ever accidentally turned on a food processor without putting on its lid? Safety measures help in reducing such problems. This is helpful for households with small children, teenagers and elderly people who use the juicer. Get a juicer with a safety lock that only allows one to start the machine one everything is assembled in the right manner.
- Size and Weight: You may think that the size of a cold press juicer wouldn’t matter but it does. By size, we mean the amount of juice that can be made in one batch. Some can accommodate about 300 ml of juice whereas some can store about 1L of it. The weight is also important as it implies the handiness of the device. Cold press juicers are generally heavier, but you can still go for a model that weighs less if you want something that is easier to handle.
- Warranty: We cannot stress enough about the importance of a warranty. You should never get a product that doesn’t come with a manufacturing warranty. As you are purchasing an expensive electronic cold press juicer, a warranty helps whenever there is a problem. Do not forget to register your product after you have made the purchase.
Common Questions about Cold Press Juicers
Absolutely, it is definitely better than any other type of juicer. Cold pressing or masticating the fruits and vegetables render juice in one of the most natural ways possible. They have a lot of benefits for making juices that are nutrient-dense and flavourful. The juice is much more cohesive and they even last for a longer time due to less amount of oxidation and as they aren’t exposed to heat which is detrimental for juices.
If we think about commercial cold-pressed juices, then they are expensive as better quality machinery is needed to apply the pressure to extract the juices. The High-Pressure Processing or HPP provides a juice that retains the nutrients, has a better taste and can also be stored for a long time. So, the manufacturing process of producing cold-pressed juices is much more than the usual juices produced through high-speed juicers.
The best cold press juicers are expensive as they need to mimic the commercial hydraulic technic of pressing the juice in the form of a small juicer. This takes expertise along with materials that come at an expensive price. You may pay a bigger price but they tend to last for a long time.
Yes, you can definitely freeze cold-pressed juice which will increase its lifespan. Because cold-pressed juices are denser they can also be used to make delicious popsicles that will be loved by children.
Yes, they are the same thing. Slow juicers, cold-pressed juicers or masticating juicers have augers which are shaped like a screw and they squeeze fruits and vegetables to extract juices out of them while retaining their flavor and nutrients.
When you are thinking about getting a juicer, you should think about your needs. Do you want a juicer that is able to get done with the work in just a few seconds? Or would you like a slower juice that produces nutritious juice?
You can either get a centrifugal juicer or a cold press juicer and it will depend on several factors including your budget. If you decide on buying a one, then make sure that its quality is up-to-the-mark. It should have all the basic features to be a good and useful model.
Yes, cold-pressed juice is indeed better than normal juice that is usually produced through a high-speed juicer. Cold-pressed juices have a higher density of nutrients, minerals, enzymes and minerals, and they even taste better as they aren’t exposed to high heat or oxidation.
Read the reviews and check the things we have mentioned to get a product that will have all the features that you require. Rather than always focusing on saving time, try a cold press juicer which may require a little more time but it produces tasty and nutritious juice.
Related Reviews & Buying Guide
- Induction Cooktops in India: Reviews
- Best Chimney in India: Everything You should Know
- Best Pressure Cookers in India
- 5 Best Electric Kettles in India
- Best Stand Mixer for home use
- Best Hand Mixers in Indian Market
- Best Auto Ignition Gas Stoves For Home Use
Last update on 2020-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API