With the fluctuating price of LPG and high-maintenance bulky gas stove, cooking can be difficult for a busy life in India. In the present day, the Induction Stove has become a great alternative to the gas Stove.
It is the safest heating source with the Best Energy Efficiency within just your budget.
After researching hundreds of products, we have found that Our Top Pick– Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 is the Best Induction Stove in India to buy in 2020.
Induction Stoves have High Heating Efficiency and you can operate it very easy compared to any other heating source in your price range.
You can compare the above facts about the induction stove with LPG gas stove or even the Electric Coil Heater. We recommend reading our Buying Guide on Indian Induction Stoves at the end of this article.
- Top 3 Induction Stoves in India (2020)
- Review of Best Induction Stoves in India
- Induction Stove Buying Guide in India
- How to use an Induction Stove in the best way?
- Induction Stoves: 10 Tips to improve safety
- Best Brands for Induction Stoves
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top 3 Induction Stoves in 2020
Reviews of Best Induction Stoves in India
1. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01– Best in 2020
Why it is the Best in India?
This Induction stove is built with superior technology and higher heating efficiency. As the maximum power capacity is 2100 watts, it’s very good for regular tasks.
The 1.2 m cord can help you to connect the product to a plug from a long distance. The inbuilt timer of 0-3 Hrs is very useful when you are engaged in other tasks. On top of that, the stove comes with a Delayed Cooking function with 24 hrs preset time.
Performance of the Induction Stove
With a High heating Efficiency, it ensures faster operation time than gas stoves. So, you can save a lot of money with fluctuating LPG prices.
Food can be cooked faster using this induction stove with a heating capacity up to 2100 Watts.
It has 24 Hours Preset Timer for Delayed cooking. To make the model more convenient, Philips has included 10 Preset Menus to let you cook various foods as per your choice.
Besides, this also includes Indian Menu items like making of Roti, Dosa and even deep fry. When food is cooked on direct flame, vital nutrients and vitamins are lost. But, with this, the induction stovetop seals nutrition into the food.
Cool Design with Great Build Quality
The model has been designed brilliantly with a premium ultra-modern stylish finish suitable for India. It has a great user interface with High-Quality Glass Panel that is very helpful to the operator.
The panel has sensor touch keys to allow you to operate it very easily.
Why do we recommend this model?
It is the best product in India because of the brilliant design, superb performance, higher wattage settings, optimized power consumption and variety of cooking settings for Indian dishes.
2. Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01
Best Buy under Budget
This Induction Stove is the best buy product in India under budget with a balance to the Best Quality features. It has a power capacity maximum of 2100 watts.
Therefore, it’s very efficient as less time is required to cook. Handling the induction stove can be easy as Philips has provided a 1.2 meters long cable with it. Moreover, the model is very convenient to carry and shift to other locations with a weight of only 2.8 Kg.
Overall Wonderful Performance
This wonderful product makes the cooking time faster with high heating efficiency. So, you can cook your food hassle-free. You can set the Timer from 0 to 3 Hrs as per your requirements. It certainly can relieve you from the headache.
Apart from it, to improve the handling experience, the product comes with easy touch operating buttons. Having a wide range of temperature settings, you can easily adjust your requirements depending on the type of food you are about to cook.
The induction stove also has an Auto-Off Program that allows you to cook the food Safely.
The cooking stove also has adjustable preset menus for preparing different types of foods. Therefore, you can cook whatever you want.
To improve safety, it features a “cool-to-touch” surface which means that the body of the model does not get hot during operation.
Simple and Minimalist Design
The body of the Induction cooktop is built with Micro Crystal Plate. The minimalist look and lighter body make it outstanding in your budget.
Therefore, you can have a joyful effortless cooking experience with this Indian stove.
When should you buy this product?
It can be an excellent option for buyers if they are looking for a good quality induction stove in a very affordable price range. For more details about it, check it out on Amazon.
3. Prestige PIC 16.0
This Prestige PIC 16.0 Induction Stove in India is extremely efficient and good for daily use. It comes with a standard warranty of 1 year and Prestige provides good customer service to support it in India.
The product comes with 8 inbuilt menus for your favorite Indian dishes. You can use the Preset Timer option to cook while you can get engaged to complete other tasks.
On top of that, it has a low weight of only 1.7 Kg. So, carrying it is not any problem. To improve the safety of the device more, Prestige provides a built-in Automatic Voltage Regulator. In terms of these advanced features, this product is one of the best induction stoves in India.
This 1900-Watt induction stove from Prestige is good for all types of Indian foods because of the temperature control options. Along with that you also have an easy select option to choose the most common features such as pressure cooking, deep-frying, and so on.
The design is simple and sturdy so that it doesn’t move while the dish is cooking. Some important features include are as follows.
Good Performance with Automated Features
It is built with a program-controlled system that automatically adjusts the power and temperature for different foods. It helps in efficient operation. You can also keep the food hot with a special button-“Keep Warm” to make you serve it in hot conditions.
So, you can easily get the freshness of your food.
Rather than having to worry about your dishes getting burnt, you can actually ‘pause’ the process of cooking and then resume it once you are done with your work.
The induction stove is programmed in a way that it can intelligently guess the need to control the power and temperature according to the dish that you are cooking. If you are inattentive to the induction stove for a while, it turns off automatically.
The Induction stove comes with soft-touch buttons and a stylish look to make operation a pleasing & enjoyable experience.
Operating the product is very easy and efficient as it has water-resistant Feather touch buttons.
Besides, the induction stove has anti-magnetic walls to ensure the black glass panel heats only in the center while keeping the rest surface cool.
Automatic Regulation of voltage helps to maintain the health of your product even if there are sudden voltage fluctuations which may cause short-circuits. The size of the induction stove enables you to keep it on a countertop or even on a table or move it according to your needs.
Who should buy Prestige PIC 16.0?
This induction stove from Prestige is perfect for anyone who wants to cook things quickly as it has a higher power capacity and on top of that it enables one to cook Indian dishes at the right temperature. These reasons have made the model quite popular among the current users in India.
4. Bajaj Majesty ICX 7
Why we have selected it?
Bajaj is one of the oldest popular brands in India. Their Majesty ICX7 model is very power efficient. It comes with 8 inbuilt Menus that use can use for making different kinds of food. A Delay Timer is given to the model in case you are a multitasker. You can work on other things while the machine does its job. Overall, it’s a good buy if you are looking for the Best Quality Induction Stoves.
There are 8 preset options with an LED display. With this feature, the cooking settings can be monitored easily.
The Induction cooktop has an option of “Keep Warm Mode” to keep your food warm and healthy in case if you are busy. Moreover, It has Auto switch off adjustable timer that can help you improve your cooking experience.
The stove comes with an Auto Vessel detection feature that enables it to shut off if no compatible utensil is detected until 1 minute. This is a very important feature from the safety point of view.
Sturdy & User-Friendly Design
It has a very user-friendly design that anyone can operate easily. The build material is sturdy and polished. The durability of this particular product is unmatched in the Indian market. The long-lasting finish and sleek design are the specialties of the induction stove.
Why we have listed Bajaj Majesty ICX 7?
Bajaj is known for their high quality products in Kitchen Appliances category. This model is excellent in terms of build quality, performance, variety of automated settings especially designed for Indian cooking style.
5. Pigeon Stovekraft Cruise
A relatively newer name in the Induction stoves segment in India, Pigeon is known to manufacture budget-friendly products just under your fingertip. The Pigeon Stovekraft Cruise can be a good choice for you if you are short on budget. It has a good cord length of 1.2 m. The product comes with automated features, such as Preset Timer with auto switch-off.
Additionally, Pigeon covers the standard warranty of 1 year. The model from Pigeon has a weight of less than 2 Kg that makes it easier to carry. With a 1.3-meter cable and weight less than 2 Kg, you may face no problem with handling it.
Some nice automated features, such as Adjustable Timer with auto switch-off is built with it. Apart from these points, Pigeon covers a standard warranty of 1 year with this model.
Good Performance with some Good Automated Features
The Induction stove is built with dual heat sensor technology that improves performance and heating efficiency. It comes with a pre-programmed automatic shut-off feature to save electricity as it consumes less power.
It is also very important in the safety point of view. Besides, the product has also Auto switch off the preset timer. So, this is very useful for daily operations.
Good Design with LED Display
The induction stove is black in color with a modern-looking design. It features an LED display as well as feather-touch buttons that can improve the operating experience.
Hence, it is used for easy selection of menus for hassle-free and user-friendly operation.
This is not a premium product with automated features like our top 4 picks.
However, it has most of the basic features that might be good for you under a low budget.
Why do we recommend Pigeon Stovekraft Cruise?
Pigeon Stovekraft Cruise can be a good choice if you are very tight on budget. It is the cheapest product in this top 9 list for Induction Stoves in India. It does not have a lot of premium features, but useful for daily operation.
6. Prestige PIC 20
This induction stove from Prestige is compact in size and it has almost all the features that you will require while cooking. The soft-touch buttons and easy temperature controls make it a useful kitchen appliance that you won’t regret to have.
The best features of the induction stove include an Indian Menu option. Rather than guessing the right temperature for preparing idli, chappatis or rice, you can easily choose it from the menu options provided in the panel.
Better Electrical Safety
The heat is only produced in the center of the black glass panel and the surrounding surface remains cool which comes handy while in operation. You wouldn’t need to worry about a short circuit while using this induction stove as it automatically adjusts with any voltage fluctuations.
Easy to Maintain
Cleaning the induction stove is quite easy because of the black glass top and soft-touch buttons. On top of that, the compact design enables you to move it easily.
Prestige is known for its great designs in India and they have provided their expertise in this model quite usefully.
Who should buy the Prestige PIC 20 1200 Watt Induction Stove?
This compact model of induction stove from Prestige is perfect for bachelor’s who are living alone and also for those who are just beginning with cooking in India.
7. iBELL 2000 W Induction Stove
While you are looking for the right induction stove in India, you will need to look at the features to ensure that it is good for everyday usage. This product from iBell is one of the simplest yet very effective model that you can buy in India. They have designed it in a way that even a child can use it without getting confused. The major features included in the model are such as-
High-Quality Crystal Glass Top
The crystal glass layer on the top of the induction stove ensures that it will retain its health even when you use it at the highest temperature. It is also able to take the pressure of the cooking utensils.
Wide Cooking Range
This induction stove doesn’t bind you with any particular form of dishes that you need to cook.
The high wattage of 2000 W allows you to cook many dishes and along with that, you can easily control the temperature according to your need.
As it requires electricity to run, the company has provided safety measures such as automatic shut off, overheat protection, voltage adaptability to ensure that operation on it is safe and secure.
Who should invest in the iBELL 2000W Induction Stove?
This model from iBELL can be purchased by anyone who is looking for an affordable product with basic features along with guaranteed safety protection.
8. Usha Cook Joy (3616) Induction Stove
Finding the best induction cooker in India isn’t that hard if you are looking for the right features. Usha is a leading brand when it comes to home appliances and this affordable appliance can become your everyday cooking essential. Some of its best features include things such as-
Advanced Automated Technology
Rather than being a part of the guessing game, you can easily choose an option from the pre-set menu which includes the most used functions of daily operation. Or you can also choose your custom temperature according to your need. Unless you put a kitchen utensil on the machine, it wouldn’t work. This feature allows you to clean and touch the induction stove without getting a short or a burn.
The induction stove can easily handle voltage fluctuations until 1500W which ensures damage or problem caused by a sudden rise in power.
Apart from these, the cooktop has a nice design which adds a pop to the place where you are going to cook.
What are the benefits of buying the Usha Cook Joy (3616) Induction Stove?
This product from Usha can be used in your daily life and it is perfect for those people who do not want to deal with the hassle of gas ovens. It is one of the best induction cooktops available in the Indian market with amazing reviews from past customers.
9. Lifelong Inferno LLIC20 Induction Stove
This induction stove from Lifelong is equipped with features that make it a useful tool to have in every kitchen. Lower power consumption along with efficient operation provides users with satisfaction. Some of its important features include-
User-friendly Settings & Display
The pre-set menu contains options such as quick, fry, soup and others ensure that you can easily choose the option rather than struggling to find the right wattage or temperature setting.
The easy LED Display and control panel makes the induction stove quite user-friendly. There is no confusion while using the buttons or about understanding the cooking temperature.
Safe Operating Procedure
Like any other electrical appliances, you need to be safe while using an induction stove. You do get that in this as it has sensors that make it intelligent to control the temperature, to shut off or to know if a utensil is there on it or not.
Lifelong, as a brand wants you to use the product for a long time, so they have made sure to give it a durable design.
Why do we recommend the Lifelong Inferno LLIC20 Induction Stove?
This model from Inferno will be a nice purchase for bachelors, students and for anyone who lives alone in India. The oven has got good quality and it is durable along with being completely safe.
Buying Guide for the Best Induction Stove
Before you buy an induction stove, you should know about the options that you can have when you visit the market. Induction stoves act as a secondary mode of cooking in most Indian households. We know that they are great for people who are starting out with cooking because they are free from the troubles of fire. So, let us know a little more about them in Indian context.
1. Types of Induction Stoves
In the most basic way, the 3 common types of induction stoves are-
- Single Element Induction Stove.
- Multi-Element Induction Stove.
- Built-in Induction Stove.
Single Element Induction Stoves
By the name you can understand that these induction stoves have a single place for cooking. These are useful for people who do not need to cook several things at one time.
They are also quite affordable and the maximum wattage of such stoves can go up to 2000W. If we talk about disadvantages, then these cannot be used for heavy operation and they aren’t great for families with multiple members. These are quite portable, so they can be carried while traveling.
Multi-Element Induction Stoves
These are less common and costlier compared to the single element stoves, but they have multiple sections where one can cook. Their wattage capacity can go up to 3600W as it will need more power to handle multiple dishes.
Rather than being a secondary cooking medium, these can easily take the place for a gas stove. They do require more space than the single element induction stoves and they are less portable.
Built-in Induction Stoves
If you are thinking of building a modern modular kitchen, then you can install a built-in stove unit which is set into your countertop. They are quite costly and as they are built-in you cannot detach it or carry around. These do look good in your kitchen and get you compliments.
2. What to check before Buying an Induction Stove in India?
When you are planning to buy an Induction Stove, you must check and verify if it is compatible according to your requirements. While there are thousands of products available in the Indian market, the best product should consume low power and take less time with user-friendly operation and various automated programs built with it.
1. Power Consumption: Firstly, you must check the power rating before buying an Induction Stove. Therefore, the higher the wattage, the lesser the time is taken to cook or boil. Accordingly, the power consumed is less.
But cooking some foods need less heat as it may get burned if exposed longer in higher wattage setting on an Induction cooktop. Therefore, the wattage setting should be adjustable according to the user’s requirement.
2. Ease of Operation: It is very important to consider how easy the product needs to be to be operated. Likewise, there should be clear instructions, manuals. Hence, it must have a user-friendly interface. Moreover, all the Induction Stoves listed are very easy to operate.
If operating the Induction stove is easier, anyone without any prior knowledge can handle it. But we recommend reading the basic instruction before operating it.
3. Time Consumption: As already stated in the first point, the operating time is linked mostly to the power rating. Above all, the product you buy must save you precious time. While cooking with an Induction stove, you can do other tasks as well while it takes care of the food.
4. Timer Setting: You should check if there is any Adjustable Timer option is available. Accordingly, you can adjust it according to your need for cooking. It is very useful when you are multitasking. The Induction stove will take care of the food while you can get busy making other preparations or complete any other household task.
5. Adjustable Preset Menu: The induction stove you buy, should have an adjustable inbuilt menu for making different types of dishes. So, you can cook any dish with it. The products listed above have such multiple menus to cook the various types of Indian food like Dosa, Roti, Chapati, curry, fry, etc.
6. Pan Detection & Auto Power Off feature: The best induction stoves should have a unique Pan Detection feature. With this feature, the product detects the induction cookware that is ferromagnetic in nature. If no such utensil is used, the kitchen appliance will not let you start the operation. After cooking, as soon as the Pot is removed, the induction stove will stop automatically. Consequently, this feature ensures safety.
3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Induction Stove
As you can see in the above reviews, there are a lot of pros and cons of each of the products. We have sorted the major advantages and disadvantages of the Indian Induction Stoves here.
Advantages of Induction Stoves
- Fast Operation: A great thing about the induction stoves is a smooth operation with which you can finish your task faster compared to traditional gas stoves. It can be almost 50% faster than usual cooking.
- Better Safety: Just like the products that we have mentioned above, most of them come with great safety measures. This helps you to introduce cooking to your child who can easily learn and control it. Also, the induction stoves cool quite fast.
- Easy Cleaning: If you spill something on a traditional gas stove, it is quite a pain to take the components apart to thoroughly clean it. As induction stoves have a flat glass surface, wiping with a cloth does the job.
- Better Temperature Control: On most gas stovetops, there is a limited number of temperature controls but that isn’t the case when it comes to induction stoves. Along with the pre-sets, most of the brands allow you to choose the right temperature or power needed for a particular dish.
Disadvantages of Induction Stoves
- Cooking Utensils: When it comes to the problems with induction stove, the first is that you will need to buy compatible flat bottomed utensils. Without them, you cannot really cook on the stove.
- Noisy: Induction stoves have fans inside them which help the machine to cool off. This makes a constant buzzing noise which is bearable but it can be problematic for people who find it hard to take.
- Electricity Requirements: You cannot cook on an induction stove in the absence of electricity. This is one of the main reasons it still being a secondary cooking option in Indian households.
How to use an Indian Induction Stove in the Best Way?
Using an Induction stove is very easy when you get to know it. Follow these simple steps to learn how to use an Induction Stove properly in Indian style.
1. Place the Induction Stove Near Power Source
You should place the Induction Stove near a power source and in a well-ventilated area in the kitchen. Having a source of power is very important as it won’t run without electricity. Check the length of the stove if it is sufficient. Otherwise, you need to use an extension cable. In addition, to vent out the gas and smoke generated during cooking, you should keep it near a chimney or close to the exhaust fan.
2. Select the type of Pot/ Container
As the Induction Stoves are operated on the principle of Electromagnetism, you need a ferromagnetic pot made of iron or steel. Otherwise, heating will not occur and it may damage the pot.
Moreover, the pot should be flat-bottomed. With a flat surface, the surface area of contact between the pot and stove increases. It minimizes heat loss and increases the efficiency of the induction stoves.
3. Switch on the Induction Stove and prepare for cooking
After placing the stove in the right position, switch it on and get ready for cooking. As per your type of cooking and recipe select the right power or option from the operating panel.
The menus differ for various brands and particular Induction Stoves. To check the right functionality of an option, take a look at the user manual of the particular model. You should keep in mind that with higher wattage, higher heat is generated and cooking gets faster.
You can also use the timer from the operating panel of the stove.
4. Cooking with Induction Stove
Select the right temperature settings from the preset menus on the panel of the appliance. Depending on the recipe, continue the cooking process that you normally used to do. There is no complication in this step.
5. Cleaning and Maintenance
After cooking, do not touch the heated surface for at least 15 minutes. Let it cool down. Next, use a moist cloth and gently rub it on the stove to clean it. To get rid of stains that do not go away with just moist cloth, use a cloth soaked in mild detergent.
With proper cleaning and maintenance, the induction stove will last longer with optimum performance.
Induction Stoves: 10 Tips for Better Safety
- Elder persons who have a pacemaker or any other magnetic device, should not use an Induction Stove. The magnetic field of it may interfere with the magnetic field of the pacemaker.
- Ensure the connecting cable of the Induction Stove is large enough. Otherwise, use an extension cable. Do not use it if the cable is under tension, it might get loose and there could be a chance of short circuit.
- Placement of the Induction Stove is very important. You should keep it at such a place where the smokes get away easily and the length of the connecting cable is food enough. This will improve the cooking experience as well as safety.
- When cooking, select the right option to use from the control panel. If you do any mistake in selecting the right option, turn it off and start over.
- If you do not place a pot on the stove and turn it on, the surface does not get heated. But, as soon as you place a pot, the surface gets heated due to the induction of a magnetic field. After you cook, leave the it for at least 15 min and do not touch the surface to avoid the potential chance for an accident due to the heated surface.
- When heating a liquid such as water or milk, it might spill over the surface of the stove. This may cause slippage of the pot on the surface. So, make sure you select the right option. In case, if this situation happens, turn the Induction Stove off and clean the surface with a cloth carefully. Do not touch the stove surface.
- Clean the induction stove every time use. It won’t take more than a minute. Good maintenance and cleanliness ensure the device performs on optimum condition. It will also improve the durability. Do not use any sharp object and abrasive cleaning agents when you clean it.
- Place the Induction Stove away from kids. As this is an electrical device, only trained or knowledgable individuals should operate it. Do not leave them unattended.
- You should not place any flammable liquid near the cooking area.
- Use and handle the Induction Stove with care. Do not keep or store any material on the stove, to avoid unwanted malfunction.
Best Brands for Induction Stoves in India
1. Philips: This is the biggest brand in India with awesome features. They have a great collection of high-quality Induction Stoves. If Overall Quality and Design is the most concern for you, you should definitely go for it.
2. Bajaj: Bajaj is one of the best brands with long sustaining history. They manufacture Induction Stoves with the best Build Quality.
3. Prestige: They are the most competitive brand to Philips and Bajaj. They also have a superb range of cheapest Induction Stoves available in India.
4. Pigeon: This a relatively newer brand. However, they also have good induction stoves in a low budget.
5. Havells: They are also a great brand with unique features.
Frequently Asked Questions about Induction Stove
Induction Stove is the safest device for cooking compared to Electric Coil Heater or Gas Stove. No Electrical or Heat energy is lost during operation. Additionally, it is very lightweight and easy to carry. Most of the induction appliances have hassle-free timer settings. In conclusion, it is worth any other cooking system.
First of all, only Flat Bottom cookwares can be used for Induction stoves. The cookware made of only ferromagnetic material can be used. For almost all models of the cooking appliance, a cooking vessel is made of cast iron or stainless steel. Because the iron in the pot concentrates the current to produce heat in the metal. As the Induction stoves work on the principle of electromagnetic induction, non-ferromagnetic cookware cannot be used. Therefore the cookware to be used must be made of iron or stainless steel and need to be flat bottomed.
Most of the Induction stoves listed above can be used to cook any type of Indian food. However, this option will vary for different stoves. So, please check the detailed review for any particular product.
A copper coil is placed under the cooking pot inside the stove. An alternating electric current is passed through it by plugging the power cable to the current source. Moreover, the electrical current in the pot is induced by the magnetic field. Therefore, this current flowing through the pot results in resistive heating.
The Induction Stove was developed on the principle of electromagnetic induction. Many people say that its harmful to human health. However, technical experts claim that there is no harmful effect on human health. But, there is no official experiment to prove any of the statements. Therefore, you do not have to worry.
There are various types of Induction Stoves available in India. However, you should look for an Induction Stove that has an average power consumption from 800 W to 2200 Watts depending upon the type of cooking. Undoubtedly, our selected products are the leaders in the Indian market in 2020. Therefore, you don’t need to search the market to find a suitable induction Stove in India. Rather, you can choose any of the above and buy it from the online platform.
Cleanliness and proper maintenance is the key to make any electrical device perform better in optimum condition. Induction Stoves are no different. Implement the pro tips along with the knowledge you have gained by learning how to use an Induction Stove in India. Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Related Kitchen Appliances:
- The Best Pressure Cookers in India with Reviews
- Air Fryers: Reviews and Buying Guide
- Best Kitchen Chimney in India for home
- Best Auto-Ignition Gas Stoves for a Modern Kitchen
- All about Hard Anodized Cookware: Buying Guide
- Best Rice Cooker for Small and Large Families
Last update on 2020-06-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API