I’m sure by now you are well aware that an Induction Stove is a great alternative to LPG Stove/Burner. What you may not be aware of is an Induction stove/ cooktop/ cooker is the safest heating source with the Best Energy Efficiency within just your budget. We have found the Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 is the Best Induction Stove in India (2020).
The Best Induction Stove in India should have High Heating Efficiency and you can operate it very easy compared to any other heating source in your price range. You can compare the above facts with the Electric Coil Heater or even LPG Gas Stove.
For almost all models of induction Stoves, a cooking vessel is made of cast iron or stainless steel. Because the iron in the pot concentrates the current to produce heat in the metal. Therefore the cookware to be used must be made of iron or stainless steel and need to be flat bottomed.
Top 10 Induction Cooktop Review (2020)
1. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01– Best Induction Stove in India
Why Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 is the Best?
This Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 has superior technology, higher heating efficiency. The maximum power capacity is 2100 watts. So, it’s very good for efficient cooking. The cord length is 1.2 m. Therefore, you can connect it to a plug from a long distance. You can adjust the timer setting for 0-3 Hrs. The Best Induction Cooktop comes with a Delayed Cooking function with 24 hrs preset time. However, It has a weight of 3.06 Kg.
Performance of the Best Induction Cooktop
The Induction Cooktop has High heating Efficiency. Therefore, it ensures faster cooking time than gas stoves. So, you can save a lot of money with rising LPG prices. Food can be cooked faster using heating capacity up to 2100 Watts. It has 24 Hours Preset Timer for Delayed cooking. The cooker has 10 Preset Menus to let you cook various foods as per your choice. Additionally, this also includes the cooking of Roti, Dosa. It has 0-3 Hrs Timer Setting to cook your food. When food is cooked on direct flame, vital nutrients and vitamins are lost. But, with this, the cooker seals nutrition into the food.
Cool Design with Great Build Quality
It has a great user interface with High-Quality Glass Panel and Premium Finish. The panel has sensor touch keys to allow you to operate it very easily.
2. Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01
Best Buy under Budget
This Philips Viva Collection HD4928/1 Cooktop is the Best Buy Induction Stove under budget with a balance to the Best Quality features. It has a power capacity maximum of 2100 watts. Therefore, it’s very efficient as less time is required to cook. The cord length is long as 1.2 m. So, handling it from a distant power plug won’t be difficult. The weight of it is less than 3 Kg. Hence, its easier to carry.
Overall Wonderful Performance
This wonderful cooker makes the cooking time faster with high heating efficiency. So, you can cook your food hassle-free. You can set the Timer from 0 to 3 Hrs as per your cooking requirements. Certainly, it will relieve you from the headache. It has easy touch buttons to operate. Therefore, it improves your cooking experience. Moreover, it has wattage settings up to 2100 Watts. So, you can easily adjust your cooking requirements. It has an Auto-Off Program that allows you to cook the food Safely. Philips Viva Collection HD4928/1 also has adjustable preset menus for cooking different types of foods. Therefore, you can cook whatever you want. In addition, the Cool-to-Touch Surface ensures the cooking of your foods very Safely.
Simple and Minimalist Design
The body of the Cooktop is built with Micro Crystal Plate. The minimalist look and lighter body make it outstanding in your budget. Therefore, you can have a joyful effortless cooking experience with this cooktop.
3. Bajaj Majesty ICX 7
Why we have selected it?
Bajaj is one of the oldest popular brands in India. It comes with 1900 Watts of power capacity. So, it is good for daily requirements. It comes with 8 Preset Menus and Delay Timer. Overall, it’s a good buy if you are looking for Quality Products.
There are 8 preset cooking options with an LED display. So, it ensures ease of cooking. The cooker has an option of Keep Warm Mode to keep your food warm. So, It helps you to have healthy food. Moreover, It has Auto switch off preset timer that will help you improve your cooking experience. The Induction cooker has Auto Vessel detection. It enables the induction cooker to shut off if no compatible utensil is detected until 1 minute. So, this is a very effective feature from the safety point of view.
Sturdy & User-Friendly Design
It has a very user-friendly design. Any adult can operate it easily. The build material is sturdy and polished. The long-lasting finish and sleek design is the specialty of the induction cooker.
It comes with a cord of length of 1 m. Therefore, you might need to connect it to an extension cord if the plug point is at distance.
Also Read: Working Principle of an Induction Cooktop?
4. Prestige PIC 16.0
This Prestige PIC 16.0 Induction Stove has a cord length of around 1 m which is very good. It has a power capacity of 1900 watts. So, it is good for daily use. The Induction Stove comes with a standard warranty of 1 year. It has preset menus for your favorite dishes. Moreover, it also has a Preset Timer setting which you can set manually. Additionally, it has a low weight of only 1.7 Kg. So, carrying it is not any problem.
Good Performance with Automated Features
It has Full procedure computer control that for instance automatically adjusts the power and temperature for different foods. Therefore, it helps in efficient cooking. You can keep your food warm with a special feature to make you serve it in hot conditions. So you can easily get the freshness of your food. It has a built-in Automatic Voltage Regulator. Hence, the device ensures high durability and performance. Moreover, It has Built-in Indian Menu options. So, you can cook your favorite dishes with them.
The cooker comes with soft-touch buttons and an elegant look. Hence, it makes cooking a pleasing & enjoyable experience. It has water-resistant Feather touch buttons. So, operating the cooker is very easy and efficient. The cooktop has anti-magnetic walls. Therefore, it ensures the black glass panel heats only in the center while keeping the rest surface cool.
Also Read: Induction Stove vs Gas Stove
5. Pigeon Stovekraft Cruise
A relatively newer name in the Induction Cooker segment, Pigeon is known to manufacture budget-friendly products just under your fingertip. The Pigeon Stovekraft Cruise can be a good choice for you if you are short on budget. It has a good cord length of 1.2 m. The cooktop comes with automated features, such as Preset Timer with auto switch-off. Additionally, Pigeon covers the standard warranty of 1 year. Moreover, it has a weight of less than 2 Kg that makes it easier to carry. It has a good cord length of 1.2 m. The cooktop comes with automated features, such as Preset Timer with auto switch-off. Additionally, Pigeon covers the standard warranty of 1 year. Moreover, it has a weight of less than 2 Kg that makes it easier to carry.
Good Performance with some Good Automated Features
The cooker is built with dual heat sensor technology. So, it improves performance. It comes with a pre-programmed automatic shut-off feature. So, you can save electricity as it consumes less power. It is also very important in the safety point of view. Moreover, it has also Auto switch off the preset timer. So, this is very useful for daily operations.
Good Design with LED Display
The induction cooktop is black in color and has push-button control. The Induction Cooker features an LED display as well as a feather touch button. Hence, it is used for easy selection of menus for hassle-free cooking. So, this is very user-friendly.
This is not a premium product with automated features like our top 4 picks. However, it has most of the basic features that might be good for you under a low budget.
6. Prestige PIC 20
This induction cooktop from Prestige is compact in size and it has almost all the features that you will require while cooking. The soft-touch buttons and easy temperature controls make it a cooktop that you will want to have. The best features of the cooktop include an Indian Menu option. Rather than guessing the right temperature for cooking idli, chappatis or rice, you can easily choose it from the menu options provided in the panel.
Better Electrical Safety
The heat is only produced in the center of the black glass panel and the surrounding surface remains cool which comes handy while cooking. You wouldn’t need to worry about a short circuit while using this induction cooktop as it automatically adjusts with any voltage fluctuations.
Easy to Maintain
Cleaning the cooktop is quite easy because of the black glass top and soft-touch buttons. On top of that, the compact design enables you to move it easily. Prestige is known for its great designs and they have provided their expertise in this model quite usefully.
7. Prestige PIC 16.0+
This 1900-Watt induction cooktop from Prestige is good for all types of cooking because of the temperature control options. Along with that you also have an easy select option to choose the most common features such as pressure cooking, deep-frying, and so on. The design is simple and sturdy so that it doesn’t move while the dish is cooking. Some important features include are as follows.
Smart Advanced Options
Rather than having to worry about your dishes getting burnt, you can actually ‘pause’ the process of cooking and then resume it once you are done with your work. The induction cooktop is programmed in a way that it can intelligently guess the need to control the power and temperature according to the dish that you are cooking. If you are inattentive to the cooktop for a while, it turns off automatically.
Automatic Regulation of Voltage
This feature helps to maintain the health of your induction cooktop even if there are sudden voltage fluctuations which may cause short-circuits. The size of the cooktop enables you to keep it on a countertop or even on a table or move it according to your needs.
8. iBELL 2000 W Induction Cooktop
While you are looking for the best induction cooktop in India, you will need to look at the features to ensure that it is good for everyday usage. This induction stove from iBell is one of the simplest yet effective models that you can buy. They have designed it in a way that even a child can use it without getting confused. The major features included in the model are such as-
High-Quality Crystal Glass Top
The crystal glass layer on the top of the induction ensures that it will retain its health even when you use it at the highest temperature. It is also able to take the pressure of the cooking utensils.
Wide Cooking Range
This induction cooktop doesn’t bind you with any particular form of dishes that you need to cook. The high wattage of 2000 W allows you to cook many dishes and along with that, you can easily control the temperature according to your need.
As the induction cooktop requires electricity to run, the company has provided safety measures such as automatic shut off, overheat protection, voltage adaptability to ensure that cooking on it is safe and secure.
9. Usha Cook Joy (3616)
Finding the best induction stove in India isn’t that hard if you are looking for the right features. Usha is a leading brand when it comes to home appliances and this affordable cooktop can become your everyday cooking essential. Some of its best features include things such as-
Advanced Automated Technology
Rather than being a part of the guessing game, you can easily choose an option from the pre-set menu which includes the most used functions of daily cooking. Or you can also choose your custom temperature according to your need. Unless you put a kitchen utensil on the induction stove, it wouldn’t work. This feature enables you to clean and touch the stove without getting a short or a burn.
The induction cooktop can easily handle voltage fluctuations till 1500W which ensures damage or problem caused by a sudden rise in power.
Apart from these, the induction cooktop has a nice design which adds a pop to the place where you are going to cook.
10. Lifelong Inferno LLIC20
This induction cooktop from Lifelong is equipped with features which make it a useful tool to have in every kitchen. Lower power consumption along with efficient cooking provides users with satisfaction. Some of its important features include-
User-friendly Settings & Display
The pre-set menu contains options such as quick, fry, soup and others ensure that you can easily choose the option rather than struggling to find the right wattage or temperature setting.
The easy LED Display and control panel makes the induction cooktop quite user-friendly. There is no confusion while using the buttons or about understanding the cooking temperature.
Safe Cooking Procedure
As with any other electrical appliance, you need to be safe while using an induction cooktop. You do get that in this as it has sensors that make it intelligent to control the temperature, to shut off or to know if a cooking utensil is there on it or not.
Lifelong as a brand wants you to use the induction cooktop for a long time, so they have made sure to give it a durable design.
Buying Guide for Best Induction Cooktop /Stove in India
Before you search for the best induction cooktop in India, you should know about the options that you can have when you visit the market. Induction cooktops act as a secondary mode of cooking in most Indian households. We know that they are great for people who are starting out with cooking because they are free from the troubles of fire. So, let us know a little more about them.
1. Types of Induction Cooktop
In the most basic way, the 3 common types of induction cooktops are-
- Single Element Induction Cooktop.
- Multi-Element Induction Cooktop.
- Built-in Induction Cooktop
Single Element Induction Cooker
By the name you can understand that these induction cooktops have a single place for cooking. These are useful for people who do not need to cook several things at one time. They are also quite affordable and the maximum wattage of such models can go up to 2000W. If we talk about disadvantages, then these cannot be used for heavy cooking and they aren’t great for families with multiple members. These are quite portable, so they can be carried while traveling.
Multi-Element Induction Cooker
These are less common and costlier compared to the single element cooktops, but they have multiple sections where one can cook. Their wattage capacity can go up to 3600W as it will need more power to handle multiple dishes. Rather than being a secondary cooking medium, these can easily take the place for a gas stove. They do require more space than the single element induction cooktops and they are less portable.
Built-in Induction Cooker
If you are thinking of building a modern modular kitchen, then you can install a built-in cooktop unit which is set into your countertop. They are quite costly and as they are built-in you cannot detach it or carry around. These do look good in your kitchen and brings you compliments.
2. What to check before Buying an Induction Cooktop?
When you are planning to buy an Induction Cooktop, you must check and verify if it is compatible according to your requirements. While there are thousands of Induction stoves available in the market, the best induction cooktop should consume low power and take less time with user-friendly operation and various automated programs built with it.
1. Power Consumption: Firstly, you must check the power rating before buying an Induction Stove. Therefore, the higher the wattage, the lesser the time is taken to cook or boil. Accordingly, the power consumed is less. But cooking some foods need less heat as it may get burned if exposed longer in higher wattage setting. Therefore, the wattage setting should be adjustable according to the user’s requirement.
2. Ease of Operation: It is very important to consider how easy the cooker to be operated. Likewise, there should be clear instructions, manuals. Hence, it must have a user-friendly interface. Moreover, all the products listed are very easy to operate. If operating the Induction stove is easier, anyone without any prior knowledge can handle it. But we recommend reading the basic instruction before operating it.
3. Time Consumption: As already stated in the first point, the operating time is linked mostly to the power rating. Above all, the Induction Stove you buy must save you precious time. While cooking with an Induction Cooktop you can do other tasks as well while it takes care of the food.
4. Timer Setting: You should check if there is any Preset Timer option is available. Accordingly, you can adjust it according to your need for cooking. It is very useful when you are multitasking. The Induction Cooker will take care of the food while you can get busy to make other preparations for cooking or complete any other household task.
5. Adjustable Preset Menu: The cooktop you buy, should have an adjustable preset menu for cooking different types of dishes. So, you can cook any dish with it. The Induction Stoves listed above have multiple preset menus to cook the various types of Indian food like Dosa, Roti, Chapati, curry, fry, etc.
6. Pan Detection & Auto Power Off feature: The best Induction Stove should have the Pan Detection feature. With this feature, the Induction Cooktop detects the cooking pot/pan that is ferromagnetic in nature. If no such utensil is used, the stove will not let you start cooking. After cooking, as soon as the Pan/ Pot is removed, the cooker will stop automatically. Consequently, this feature ensures safety.
Jump to the Review Section.
3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Induction Cooker
As you can see in the above reviews, there are a lot of pros and cons of each of the Induction cooktops. We have sorted the major advantages and disadvantages of an Induction cooktop here.
Advantages of Induction Stoves
- Fast Cooking: A great thing about induction cooking is the fastness with which you can finish your cooking compared to that of traditional gas stoves. It can be almost 50% faster than usual cooking.
- Better Safety: Just like the induction cooktops that we have mentioned above, most of the models come with great safety measures. This helps you to introduce cooking to your child who can easily learn and control the cooktop. Also, the induction cooktops cool quite fast.
- Easy Cleaning: If you spill something on a traditional gas stove, it is quite a pain to take the components apart to thoroughly clean it. As induction cooktops have a flat glass surface, wiping with a cloth does the job.
- Better Temperature Control: On most gas stovetops, there is a limited number of temperature controls but that isn’t the case when it comes to induction stovetops. Along with the pre-sets, most of the models allow you to choose your customer temperature or power needed for a particular dish.
Disadvantages of Induction Cooktops
- Cooking Utensils: When it comes to problems with induction cooktop, the first is that you will need to buy compatible flat bottomed cooking utensils. Without them, you cannot really cook on the stove.
- Noisy: Induction cooktops have fans inside them which help the machine to cool off. This makes a constant buzzing noise which is bearable but it can be problematic for people who find it hard to take.
- Electricity Requirements: You cannot cook on an induction cooktop in the absence of electricity. This is one of the main reasons it still being a secondary cooking option in Indian households.
How to use an Induction Cooktop in the right way?
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Using an Induction Cooktop is very easy when you get to know it. Follow these simple steps to learn how to use the best Induction Cooktop in India.
- Place the Cooktop Near Power Source
You should place the Induction Cooktop near a power source and in a well-ventilated area in the kitchen. Having a source of power is very important as it won’t run without electricity. Check the length of the cooktop if it is sufficient. Otherwise, you need to use an extension cable. In addition, to vent out the gas and smoke generated during cooking, you should keep it near a chimney or close to the exhaust fan.
- Select the type of Pot/ Container
As the Induction Cooktop works on the principle of Electromagnetism, you need a ferromagnetic pot made of iron or steel. Otherwise, heating will not occur and it may damage the pot. Moreover, the pot should be flat-bottomed. With a flat surface, the surface area of contact between the pot and cooktop increases. It minimizes heat loss and increases the efficiency of the cooktop.
- Switch on the Cooktop and prepare for cooking
After placing the cooktop in the right position, switch on the cooktop and get ready for cooking. As per your type of cooking and recipe select the right power or option from the operating panel. The menus differ for various brands and particular products. To check the right functionality of an option, take a look at the user manual of the particular product. You should keep in mind that with higher wattage, higher heat is generated and cooking gets faster. You can also use the timer from the operating panel of the cooktop.
- Cooking with the best Induction Cooker
Cooking with an Induction Cooktop requires much less time to start up. After the selection of a suitable option from the operating panel, continue to cook as you do during cooking on a gas stove. Just keep in mind that you should not touch the heated surface of the cooktop during the time of cooking. If you did not use a timer, turn off the Induction Cooktop from the operating panel and disconnect it from the power source.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
After cooking with an Induction Cooktop, do not touch the heated surface for at least 15 minutes. Let it cool down. Next, use a moist cloth and gently rub it on the cooktop to clean it. To get rid of stains that do not go away with just moist cloth, use a cloth soaked in mild detergent. With proper cleaning and maintenance, the cooktop will last longer with optimum performance.
Safety Precautions for using Induction Cooktop- 10 Pro Tips
- Elder persons who have a pacemaker or any other magnetic device, should not use an Induction Cooktop. The magnetic field of the Induction Cooktop may interfere with the magnetic field of the pacemaker.
- Ensure the connecting cable of the Induction cooker is large enough. Otherwise, use an extension cable. Do not use it if the cable is under tension, it might get loose and there could be a chance of short circuit.
- Placement of the Induction Cooktop is very important. You should keep it at such a place where the smokes get away easily and the length of the connecting cable is food enough. This will improve the cooking experience as well as safety.
- When cooking, select the right option to use from the control panel. If you do any mistake in selecting the right option, turn it off and start over.
- If you do not place a pot on the cooktop and turn it on, the surface does not get heated. But, as soon as you place a pot, the surface gets heated due to the induction of a magnetic field. After you cook, leave the cooktop for at least 15 min and do not touch the surface to avoid the potential chance for an accident due to the heated surface.
- When heating a liquid such as water or milk, it might spill over the surface of the cooktop. This may cause slippage of the pot on the surface. So, make sure you select the right option. In case, if this situation happens, turn the Induction Cooktop off and clean the surface with a cloth carefully. Do not touch the cooktop surface.
- Clean the cooktop every time use. It won’t take more than a minute. Good maintenance and cleanliness ensure the device works on optimum condition. It will also improve the durability. Do not use any sharp object and abrasive cleaning agents when you clean it.
- Place the Induction Cooktop away from kids. As this is an electrical device, only trained or knowledgable individuals should operate it. Do not leave the cooktop unattended when cooking.
- You should not place any flammable liquid near the cooking area.
- Use and handle the Induction Cooktop with care. Do not keep or store any material on the cooktop, to avoid unwanted malfunction.
Top Brands for Best Induction Cooktop
1. Philips: This is the best brand with awesome features. They have a great collection of quality products. If Overall Quality and Design is the most concern for you, you should definitely go for it.
2. Bajaj: Bajaj is one of the best brands with long sustaining history. They manufacture Induction Cooktops with the best Build Quality.
3. Prestige: They are the most competitive brand to Philips and Bajaj. They have a superb range of cheapest Induction Stoves.
4. Pigeon: They are a relatively newer brand. However, they also have good products in a low budget.
5. Havells: They are also a great brand with unique features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Induction Cooker is the safest device for cooking compared to Electric Coil Heater or Gas Stove. No Electrical or Heat energy is lost during cooking. Additionally, it is very lightweight and easy to carry. Most of the cookers have hassle-free timer settings. In conclusion, Induction Cooker is worth that any other cooking system.
First of all, only Flat Bottom cookwares can be used for Induction Cooking. The cookware made of only ferromagnetic material can be used. As Induction Cooktops work on the principle of electromagnetic induction, non-ferromagnetic cookware cannot be used. However, this Prestige Induction Cookware is highly recommended for the purpose.
Most of the Induction Cookers listed above can be used to cook any type of food. However, this option will vary for different cooktops. So, please check the detailed review for any particular product.
A copper coil is placed under the cooking pot inside the cooktop. An alternating electric current is passed through it by plugging the power cable to the current source. Moreover, the electrical current in the pot is induced by the magnetic field. Therefore, this current flowing through the pot results in resistive heating.
The Induction Cooker works on the principle of electromagnetic induction. Many people say that its harmful to human health. However, technical experts claim that there is no harmful effect on human health. But, there is no official experiment to prove any of the statements. Therefore, you do not have to worry.
Jump to the Review Section.
Also Read: Top 5 Cold Press Juicers to Buy
Conclusion for the Best Induction Cooktop
There are various types of Induction Cookers available in the market. However, the best Induction cooktop in India has an average power consumption from 800 W to 2200 Watts depending upon the type of cooking. Undoubtedly, our selected list of Best Induction Cooktops in India is the leaders in the market. Therefore, you don’t need to search the market to find Best induction Stove in India. Rather, you can choose any of the above and buy from Amazon or any other platform. Cleanliness and proper maintenance is the key to make any electrical device perform better in optimum condition. Induction Cookers are no different. Implement the pro tips along with the knowledge you have gained by learning how to use an Induction Cooktop in India. Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Last update on 2020-02-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API