Clean air is of paramount importance for ensuring a healthy respiratory system. The rise in population has also led to a higher number of cars and vehicles plying on the roads.
In the changing landscape of industrialization, pollution has increased a lot in the country. Because of this, we are facing more respiratory diseases.
With such respiratory issues being increased, the need of the hour is a good nebulizer. It is one such medication device that works with the help of a mask. A nebulizer consists of a liquid medicine that travels undeviating to the lungs when inhaled. It generates a fine mist or aerosol that relieves a person from inflammation and thereby makes you breathe more easily than before.
Wonderful, isn’t it?
The device operates depending upon the wide array of options available and is congruent to the patient’s medical situation. There are several types of nebulizers and brands to choose from. However, the best nebulizer in India is one that is of the finest quality and meant for each specific age group.
One such wonderful device is the Dr. Trust nebulizer machine. It comes with a complete kit for adults and children accompanied by a flow controller. The device is handy and is well-suited for each generation of your family. The best part of this product is that it is extremely easy to install and use by all age groups.
Table of Contents
- Best Nebulizers for Babies and Adults
- The 7 Best Nebulizers in India
- What Is A Nebulizer And How Does It Work?
- Benefits Of Having A Nebulizer At Home
- Types Of Nebulizers
- Buying Guide for Nebulizers in India
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Nebulizers in India – Comparison
|PRODUCT||BEST FOR||WARRANTY||BUY FROM|
|Dr. Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer||Adults and Babies||6 months*||Amazon|
|Omron Compressor Nebulizer||Adults and Babies||3 Years||Amazon|
|Dr. Trust Junior Compressor Nebulizer||Babies||1 Year + 6 months*||Amazon|
|Philips Home Nebulizer||Adults||1 Year||Amazon|
|Control D Compressor Nebulizer||Children and Adults||1 Year||Amazon|
|Nuwik Professional Nebulizer||Adults and Kids||1 Year||Amazon|
|INFI Neb Compacto Nebulizer||Adults||2 Years||Amazon|
*Conditions apply, check on product page.
Best Nebulizer Machines in India for Adults and babies
1. Dr. Trust bestest compressor nebulizer
It is a high-quality nebulizer that facilitates a sufficient amount of inhalation that varies against different medical notions. This device has all the needed technology to not only help you breathe better but also to avoid respiratory hazards.
People all around have found this product useful for stuffy nose, asthma, COPD and much more. They found it useful as they were able to use it anywhere and anytime. It is portable and easy to use outdoors.
It is known to be a life-saving instrument for many people all over. The chamber with a flow adjuster used to adjust the level of nebulization ranging from 0.5 ml – 5 ml/minute.
This nebulizer is comfortable to use at night as it generates lesser sound. This makes it ideal to use at night while sleeping. It has earned its name to be a perfect choice for the whole family.
If you are looking for the best nebulizer for adults, this is a great choice. It comes with 2 masks- one for adults and another for kids. The masks are compatible with the face. Moreover, the operating system is simple and assist people to take their medication easily.
It is a nebulizer with a quality built-up provided with a whole set of nebulizing instruments. This product has earned a lot of positive reviews for its durable body. This device can be used for varied issues like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchitis, etc.
• Has minimum wastage of liquid medicine
• Comes with an air compressor, air tube, nebulizer cup, 2 masks, guidebook and unique filters.
• Ensures maximum absorption.
• Has 8 ml chamber with a flow adjustor.
• Designed to be easily handled.
• Light weighted.
• Comes with a firm grip.
• Generates sound of less than 55 dB.
• Comprises of an additional monitoring system.
What is Best About this Nebulizer?
Dr. Trust bestest compressor nebulizer is the best seller in the market. It is readily usable for each member of the family. You can adjust its flow by an adjuster. Additionally, it’s not bulky and not a nuisance to use.
Also Read: Best Humidifiers in India
2. Omron compressor nebulizer
Omron is a company that is leading throughout with evolving technologies. Its Indian distributors are always progressive towards modifications in its features. It is successful for treating asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchitis and much more.
Customers are highly pleased with the product. Although it does not give 2 masks with it, but it makes lesser noise. The steam is useful for calming oneself.
This product is extremely easy to use. It is almost the size of your palm. It is beneficial for patients who need to nebulize several times a day.
This nebulizer is readily available in the market. It is popular mostly because of its lightweight and high performance.
Besides having all the features like others, it works silently without creating any discomfort or disturbance.
• Converts liquid medicine into fine droplets to be inhaled directly in the lungs.
• Simple to operate.
• Has water-protected switch.
• Nebulizer rate of about 0.4 milliliters per minute (without cap).
• Comprises of the compressor, nebulizer kit, 5 pieces of long tubes, masks and other storing materials.
What is Best About this Nebulizer?
The product comes with attachments of all equipment and is packed with care. It’s plus point is that it can be administered as a tabletop nebulizer. Therefore, it becomes a reliable option.
3. Dr. Trust junior compressor nebulizer
It is specially designed in such a technology so as to cater children with proficient nebulizer. Basically, the name is enough to tell that they are mend for toddlers.
People believe that it is the perfect companion for their kids because of the toy attached to the nebulizer. Besides, the nebulizer’s working in a good condition; kids are able to finish the dose of 2.5 ml in less than 5 minutes.
This product is backed by a renowned company called Dr.Trust. The brand with its reputation makes sure that the medicine solution reaches out to the person without any wastage of medicine.
The interesting kid-friendly design makes children calm while treating them. Also, it can be used when the kids are sleeping. Given its ease of use, children and senior citizens can be assisted while using it. You just need to plug in the device and switch on for the start.
The excellent built and reviews make it a bestseller product.
• Shaped as a penguin toy for babies.
• Has a capacity of 10 ml.
• Atomises liquid into fine particles.
• Comes with 2 masks.
• Compatible with kids' faces.
What is Best About this Nebulizer?
The product is acclaimed to be the best for babies and growing kids. The bonus is the toy which is the main attraction for the kids to play with. It comes with two masks; one for the adults and the other for the kids. Plus, it is an excellent product said by each and every customer.
4. Philips Home Nebulizer with SideStream
Philips is a renowned name in the electronics sector. Like other products, they maintained the quality in this nebulizer. It is specially designed for adults.
The best part is that the treatment time is just about 4 to 6 minutes. The lightweight ensures that medication travels straight to the lungs.
Also, since it can work without medicine as well, the patients prescribed to use the device without medicine can well use it. The product received maximum stars because of its easy handling.
A good warranty period is enough to know where the product stands. The device is powered by a side stream technology which means it takes a very short time for the treatment.
• Ensures a shorter treatment time.
• Side stream and disposable.
• Ensures better and faster drug delivery.
• Light weighted.
• Comes with the sound of motor whirring for vapors produced.
What is Best About this Nebulizer?
The product received maximum stars and reviews because of its easy handling, value for money and the medical treatment it is providing to the patients all over. The aerosols provide relief to the patient suffering from breathing difficulties.
5. Control D compressor nebulizer
People found it really helpful for their multitude of purposes. The manual is provided with the full information on how to use the product. The connection is simple by fitting the air tube on one side of the nebulizer outlet and the other side to medicine chamber.
This product is not applicable to be used with water. This is not a steamer, but a nebulizer. This can be used as a professional and personal care unit for people and has a strong framework.
Additionally, this nebulizer provides easy and efficient breath in and breathe out mechanism. It is a valuable source for asthmatic patients.
The nebulizer has the capability to regulate the medicine solution into fine droplets. As it comes with two masks (for adult and kid), anyone can use it easily. Also, the medication capacity is 5 ml which is perfect for regular use.
• Comes with a complete kit of nebulizing equipment.
• Consists of air tubes, 2 masks, a green cap, a bag, compressor and a long tube.
• Comes with piston for multiple purposes.
• Specially comes with the disclaimer that it should not be used in water or with water.
• Comes with 2 masks for different age groups.
What is Best About this Nebulizer?
The product is specific to be used with medication only. Due to its strong built, it should be a great product to invest in. It also comes with a bag and other accessories that makes its storage easy.
6. Nuwik professional Best nebulizer
This is known to be a complete package for all sorts of respiratory ailments and is widely used in hospitals as well.
Nuwik company is providing an entire set of nebulizing products and accessories that are all available at a reasonable price. Also, the treatment is well suited for different age groups.
All the more, this nebulizer has gathered a lot of positive ratings because it has a noise level of equal to or less than 60 dB. Besides, it is highly durable.
Well-equipped for use by both adults and kids, this nebulizer can one of the best choices you can have. It is handy and a promising product to take care of the person through its properties.
• Usable for hospitals, home and personal care units.
• Can be used on a daily basis.
• Provides fast and efficient results for treatment.
• Has maximum atomization of 0.20 ml/min.
• Less noisy.
• Provides maximum oxygen for the therapy.
• Warranty card of 1 year.
What is Best About this Nebulizer?
With all the features that have been mentioned above, this nebulizing product is ideal for each age group. It can work as a steamer as well. It is tough, sturdy and shock-resistant. Moreover, the proper guide is there to help you with your using it. The warranty is for a year. What more features you will get at such a great price!
7. INFI Neb Compacto Nebulizer
This nebulizer is one of the best among the lot with lesser complications to use. This product is easy to handle and install and to help people for using it while traveling.
It is a high-quality nebulizer with a whole kit and is easy to use and convenient for carrying. No doubt, it holds the value of money. The only thing is that it is generally suggested to be kept out of reach to toddlers.
This is a high-grade nebulizer that provides effective medication through mist formation. Moreover, while traveling you can carry it all across. It is easy to transfer from one place to another. The use of it does not involve any complication.
• It comes with a complete set of instruments
• Made up of plastic.
• Offers medication in the form of fine mist.
• Light weighted.
• Suitable for use at home and outdoors.
What is Best About this Nebulizer?
If you are a traveller, this nebulizer is good for you. It is easy to use by any adult. On a bonus point, all the things, be its installation or usage, are trouble free.
What is a nebulizer and how does it work?
Now that we have seen some of the best products available in the market, let’s check out what a nebulizer is and learn more about its functioning. As a matter of fact, masses of people in India are suffering from asthma, lung cancer, heart disease, stroke and increased risks of pulmonary disease.
Although “poor air” is invisible, remedies are not. Hence, it is extremely important to discuss about the uniqueness of a nebulizer.
If we discuss nebulizer in medical terms, the first thing is that it is said to be an instrument that aids people regardless of their age and commonly string together with breathing difficulties.
The device basically functions with the help of an air compressor that has a container to pour in the medicinal liquid after which this solution gets steamed. The steam, in turn, travels straight from the air compressor to the mouthpiece via a long tube.
Thus, helping a person to breathe effortlessly. Let’s make the term nebulizer clearer.
If there exists a device that can aid you in breathing clean amidst such a polluted environment, what else can be more blissful? So, read along and understand more of it to be certainly sure about why you should buy it.
With excessive pollution leading to such a need to have a quick fix for such health hazards, there has been a surge in opportunities for leading nebulizer manufacturers. These devices have all the needed technology to not only help you breathe better but also to avoid respiratory hazards.
In layman’s words, the best nebulizer machine in India is one that is able to make a person get relief if he/she has a lung condition. Your doctor may prescribe you a nebulizer in accordance with your individual needs.
A nebulizer runs with the help of electricity or a battery. The liquid medicine travels in a path to reach out for the lungs and clear your air tract passage.
The Working Principle
A nebulizer works on a power stand by and turns the liquid medications into a fine mist. One can sit with the machine and breathe in through the mouthpiece. The fine mist goes into your lungs as you breathe. As you keep breathing, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to work efficiently and effectively. One just has to make sure that the nebulizer is cleaned before each use. Easy, isn’t it?
A nebulizer has different elements that aid in its proper functioning like the below.
- A long tube piece works as an attachment between the compressors and the mouthpiece.
- The nebulizer machine dissipates the medicine into the lungs so that it can enter the bloodstream more quickly.
- The medicine solution present in the air compressor allows it to travel through the tube and thereby, traveling to the mouthpiece. Then it works accordingly to treat a person.
Instruction for Using a Nebulizer
- The compressor should be kept in a stable place and ensured that it safely reaches out to you.
- All the parts that are being used should be clean and hygienic. The right quantity medicine solution should be there in the container of the air compressor just as prescribed by the doctor.
- Before the therapy, make sure your hands are neat and clean.
- Ensure the whole kit is assembled as per the instruction manual and connect them all.
- Put on the mouthpiece. Cross-check if it is attached properly.
- Now switch on the nebulizer and see if it’s working.
- Put the mouthpiece close to your mouth and nose and make sure that there is no air space in between.
- Keep the whole set up as it is. Remove it if you feel uneasy.
- Now inhale and exhale slowly for approximately about 15 minutes.
Medicines used with a nebulizer
By now, you might be wondering about what are the key elements which help in the effective functioning of the nebulizer. Well, it is important to know the common medical solutions which go into the container box of nebulizers. Take a glance below and you will get all your answers.
- Corticosteroids– They are used to clear the air tract and to provide relief from asthma. These work as a solution and come to patients as a mist that works to reduce the distress caused in asthmatic patients. These work to have better control over their condition.
- Ipratropium bromide– It is also an agent that works for comforting a person and opening their air tracts. It lasts for a longer period. Unlike corticosteroids, it can work for different other diseases like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchitis and much more. They prevent air blockage and do not let the condition get worsened. It eases out the muscles that cause breathing difficulties.
- Albuterol– It works on bronchi and allows to function on the smooth muscle of air passage and let the person breathe easily. It also prevents mucus secretion from blocking the air tract.
- Cromolyn sodium– It is a long-term medication that works on smooth muscle and air passage. They are also called mast cell stabilizers.
- Xopenex– This medication is especially meant for nebulizer purposes. It takes up to 5 to 15 minutes for the treatment. It is usually inhaled to the lungs. Just make sure it is a colorless solution before using that. If you see any coloring or fine particles, then immediately reject usage of such liquid
There are many such medicinal drugs that are used in a nebulizer. You need to make sure that the dosage of nebulizers is as per prescription by the doctor. So, a consultation by a health care provider is necessary. Moreover, the dosage should not be increased unless and until prescribed by the doctor. The dosage depends upon your medical condition, age and response to the treatment.
Benefits of using a nebulizer at home
Now that’s the most basic, yet most important question you will like to know. Nebulizers have some really exciting advantages over traditional inhalers. Although inhalers have been used for a long time to get relief from nasal congestion, it is not as effective as nebulizers.
This has paved the way for the need for nebulizers. With the evolution of the marketplace for inhaled products, inhalers and nebulizers are competing for years. It’s the benefits of nebulizers which make these the effective thing to use for any sort of lung or nasal issues.
- Nebulizers come in various shapes and dimensions with different features.
- An ideal nebulizer should be effective in smooth and quick functioning to treat the issue
- Nebulizers are easy to use
- These carry minimal side effects.
- The best benefit of a nebulizer is that it treats and protects the respiratory tract against any kind of inflammation.
- The air compressor converts the liquid drug into a fine mist which allows it to get transported to various chambers of the body internally.
Both inhalers and nebulizers use the same kind of medicinal drug and also function similarly; however, if inhalers do not seem to suit you, nebulizers are the best alternative.
A nebulizer should be chosen based on how easy and effective it is for both kids as well as adults. They are excellent options for treating conditions such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other lung-related ailments.
Types of nebulizers
Each and every individual has somewhat different conditions, even if the differences are subtle. Keeping these things in mind, every nebulizer machine is designed in such a way to meet every individuals’ needs.
Based on their functional features, nebulizers are categorized as follows:
- Nozzle or Compressed Nebulizer: This kind of nebulizers are often termed as Atomizer as they dispense the medicine solution kept within them as atomized fine particles. They are well- equipped with an air compressor so as to make the diffusion of medicine easier. The nozzle or compressed nebulizer is mostly used in the hospitals It can ease out the inflammation in severe asthma patients and hence makes treatment convenient for them.
- Mesh nebulizer: It is the best nebulizer for babies. Moreover, it contains a thin hazy kind of filter resembling a mesh and bears tiny holes that allow you to inhale and exhale.
- Ultrasonic nebulizer: These nebulizers are having vibrating elements that actually generates a high frequency. The presence of frequency makes a small column of liquid medicine to pass and be received as aerosol or fine particles. It also keeps water as a cooling agent.
- Jet nebulizers: Unlike other nebulizers, these do not support any kind of medications or liquid medicine. It only supports oxygen for the therapy.
Best Nebulizers in India – Buying Guide
After seeing different aspects of nebulizers, comes an important question. While you are ordering a nebulizer, your mind must be wondering about what to check before purchasing one. True, isn’t it?
The purpose of the nebulizer is to solve breathing issues. However, when you are searching for one in the market or online, you get a plethora of options and then you remember that you should have learned more about it.
If you are ever advised to use a medication that provides relief from some or the other respiratory problems, then this the right guide for you to effectively treat your symptoms.
One of the most important points while choosing a nebulizer for yourself. This will let you know which one should be your first priority.
Age specific nebulizer
There are different types of nebulizers available in the market for each age group. Every nebulizer provides its own specific therapy. Before going for a nebulizer, you need to consult your doctor. Many people try to self-medicate their health and end up using a nebulizer which is quite risky. The question which arises and needs to be answered is that which is the correct one for you?
The most relevant part of this is to know what your medical record says. The more severe the condition is, the more often it has to be used. The nature of your ailment will let you know which nebulizer is an ideal one for you.
Second of all, a nebulizer must be looked at for its working mechanism or how it operates. There is a wide range of nebulizers. Most commonly used are mesh, nozzle and ultrasonic. A nebulizer must be pocket friendly as well. Also, it needs to be based upon your diagnosis and as per recommendation by your doctor.
The foremost role is of a doctor who acknowledges you and lets you find the right nebulizer.
If you need to use your nebulizer at night you need to look at the level of noise it makes. Basically, the noise is produced by the air compressor present in the nebulizer. The more noise, the less comfortable it will be. For your optimal comfort, you need to keep this factor amongst your considerations while buying a nebulizer for yourself.
You are required to have a look at its other applications present in the nebulizer. A standard nebulizer usually comprises a medicine containing a container, an air compressor, a long tube and a mask.
There will be some of the other essentials to buy such as filters and filter valves. Each part should be of high quality to give effective and efficient results. These accessories are needed to be added as a factor to consider while buying a nebulizer.
Fast and effective
If you are an asthma patient and in need of a nebulizer, you must look for one which works faster and effectively. A nebulizer’s capacity to provide relief is from 4 to 8 liters per minute on application.
You just need to fit the right medical solution in the container to ensure a hassle-free experience. Your right respiratory medicine should provide you with relief from any source of inflammation.
A nebulizer must be easy to use and should be convenient. An individual can use it at home after being recommended by a doctor. The best nebulizer for home use is one that is non-bulky and portable.
The nebulizer just needs battery backup or electric current to work on. These kinds of nebulizers are very useful for people who are likely to suffer from unexpected acute asthma attacks.
Nebulizers come in varied sizes ranging from bulky ones to smaller dimensions that can fit in your palms. If you are planning to buy one, then make sure where and when it will be needed. If it’s going to be at home, then a heavy one might be fine with you.
But if you are going to travel somewhere you need to search for a portable one. The primary necessity is its availability for the suffering one. If you are traveling then a mesh nebulizer is the best option for you. In case you are at home, then an ultrasonic one is an ideal choice.
What else? Yes, you must lookout for a nebulizer that has a warranty period. A good nebulizer must ensure the user that it will function well without any nuisance. In case of any manufacturing defect, the company must place a guarantee. If the product gets damaged, it must be replaced for the safety of users.
Last but not the least, each individual must replace the old used masks, filters or any other accessories that are attached to the nebulizer. It is the most important step that you should consider while buying a nebulizer.
Sterilizing every piece of equipment is a must for further usage or storage. While choosing a nebulizer, make sure that each part is replaceable and can be cleaned so as to use it for the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
A nebulizer cost ranges from Rs. 1500 till Rs. 5000 or more. It can cost much more than this range.
Both devices are effective and advantageous. But a nebulizer is more effective compared to an inhaler. It is also friendly to users and anyone can use it.
Yes, they can be used both indoors and outdoors. Home nebulizers are available in the market or on online shopping portals. As there are varieties of features, you need to check the buying guide to know the crucial factors.
A nebulizer is essential for patients suffering from asthma and other respiratory difficulties. Before choosing a nebulizer, you need to make sure about your requirements. If you need a nebulizer for your home, you can pick up an ultrasonic nebulizer machine. If you are in search of the best nebulizer for the outdoors, then a mesh nebulizer is the best option.
Other factors also need to be considered before choosing a nebulizer. Some of these are – age, medical condition and much more. Make sure that the nebulizer you are buying is worth and value for your money.
Sit comfortably while you are using a nebulizer.
Make sure that the mouthpiece is attached perfectly till the therapy ends.
It is necessary to seek help from people who are well aware of using the product.
It is important to sit continuously and avoid breaks while the treatment is going on.
The most important step is to make sure that each part of the nebulizer is clean and safe to use.
If you ever feel dizzy during the course of the treatment, switch off the system and rest for 5 minutes by taking slow deep breaths.
After the therapy is over, wash your hands thoroughly.
Store the nebulizing instruments carefully for next time usage.
If you are planning to buy a nebulizer, make sure that you consider all the points while purchasing. Choosing an appropriate nebulizer becomes easy once you know the type and its functionalities. One needs to be smart and careful enough to order these products online as their rough handling can cause major damage. Among all of them, we highly recommend nebulizers from Dr. Trust.
Yes, nebulizers are absolutely safe for an infant. The best nebulizers for babies are out there in the market with all safety standards maintained and checked. If in case your baby faces any breathing difficulties for any reason, make sure to consult a doctor. Sometimes an infant may respond in an unexpected way to the treatment. Do not panic if something like that happens; just contact your pediatrician.
Well, everything has its own pros and cons and so are the nebulizers without any exceptions. During first use, people reported some issues after using a nebulizer. Some of them are headaches, nasal itching and dryness in the mouth. But nothing is severe.
Most of the pneumonia cases are treated with rest, antibiotics and some over-the-counter medications. Some of the cases require hospitalization. Sometimes, they are treated with a nebulizer to improve their breathing.
There are many liquids that are being used in nebulizers. Some of them are corticosteroids, xepenex, albuterol, corlynm sodium, ipratropium bromide, etc.
A nebulizer takes up to 10 to 15 minutes to function well. Preferably, it should be used 2 to 3 times a day. Rest depends upon the medical situation of the patient. The dosage needs to be under the doctor’s prescription.
A nebulizer treatment remains up to a time lag of 4 to 6 hours (in case of albuterol).
Nebulizer therapy provides your lungs with medication while oxygen therapy is quite different. In oxygen therapy, a patient is simply administered with oxygen.
All nebulizer equipment should be replaced after a span of 6 months. If all the accessories are present and are of less than 6 months, then these need to be sterilized and reused. The process of cleaning ensures that there is no obstruction and any unwanted built-up dirt is removed. Replacing these should be essential so as to keep a check on maintenance and provide you with the best results.
On a concluding note, what do you think will be the best nebulizer for you after having read the buying and using the guide, benefits, best products in the country, the reviews, the types, the functioning? To summarise it all, what do you think is an ideal and the right nebulizer for you? Here’s a quick checklist, in a nutshell, you should not miss before purchasing.
- It should be appropriate for each age group.
- Cleaning should be easy.
- It should be easy to store, handle, use and install.
- Most importantly, the person using a nebulizer must get complete relief from the treatment.
On a positive note, the nebulizers are required to meet all the requirements of the individual. If we talk about the dosage of nebulizers, they cannot be used without any valid prescription. In any such situation, consult a doctor who can provide you with proper treatment and set your dosage goals.
With ever-rising pollution in India in different forms, any respiratory problem is unprecedented and thus you should definitely keep a device handy. Choose among the ones mentioned above to have the best utilization.
- Best Automatic Soap Dispenser in India
- The Foot Massagers in India
- Top 10 Best Pulse Oximeter in India
- Best Baby Strollers in India
- Best Quality Hot Water Bags in India
- 8 Best Baby Diapers in India
- Best Baby Walker in India
Hi, I am Soumya, editor-in-chief at Homeplace. Being a mechanical engineer with more than 7 years of working experience in various industries, I am an expert in this field of consumer products. I decided to combine all my experience blended with scientific analysis and research done by our team into this blog. Comment below or contact me if you have any query.
Last update on 2021-03-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API