Do you feel that your ceiling fan isn’t doing the best job of circulating air? If yes, then you should look into the options of getting a pedestal fan that is also known as a stand fan. Along with being portable, they help you to save on electricity bills.
If you are looking for the best pedestal fan in India, then look no further than Our Top Pick– Havells Sprint 450mm Pedestal Fan. It has everything from being powerful to having a fantastic air delivery. The fan performs well in all voltage situations. The stand fan is excellent for Indian households because of its cost-effectiveness. Havells also provides you do get a 2-years worth warranty. Let us explore a bit more about some of the pedestal fans that are currently available in the market.
Table OF CONTENTS
- 5 Best Pedestal Fans in India
- Pedestal Fan Reviews
- How does a Pedestal Fan work?
- Difference between Normal and High Speed Pedestal Fan
- Benefits & Drawbacks of Pedestal fans
- 7 things to check before buying a Pedestal Fan
- Frequently Asked Questions
These Are the Best Pedestal Fans in India
|Havells High Speed Pedestal Fan||450 mm||2 Years||Check On Amazon|
|Ibell Chrome Pedestal Fan||406 mm||1+1 Years||Check On Amazon|
|AmazonBasics High Speed Pedestal Fan||400 mm||2 Years||Check On Amazon|
|Havells Augusta Pedestal Fan||400 mm||2 Years||Check On Amazon|
|Usha Striker Pedestal Fan||400 mm||1 Year||Check On Amazon|
Reviews of the Best Pedestal Fans
As choice varies from person to person, here we have reviewed the most amazing pedestal fans with pros and cons. It will help you to distinguish the advantages and drawbacks of each product so that you can select the right one.
1. Havells Sprint 450mm High Speed Pedestal Fan
An Incredible Fan with a Mighty Motor
The motor has to be the most important part of a pedestal fan, and this model from Havells has one that provides 2000 rotations per minute. The fan provides you with a great experience with the ultimate cool breeze when it comes to getting relief in the hot summers.
Outstanding Capacity of Voltage Adjustment
All of us are aware of the voltage fluctuations which are frequent in India. The stand fan is great for Indian households as it can work well in all voltage conditions.
This stand fan doesn’t have the problem where you will feel that it may topple over while running on the highest speed. It is made stable by the round heavy base as well as by the jerk free oscillation.
Effective Design and Looks
When you have a look at the fan you will definitely notice the aerodynamic blades which help in displacing the air in the correct way to provide refreshing air. Also, if you place it in a corner, it can definitely circulate air through the area quite well. Along, with that, the pedestal fan has a compact look which makes it perfect for modern Indian households.
● A powerful motor with 2000 RPM for amazing air delivery.
● It has a round stable base to help it remain steady.
● There are 3 speed options in this fan.
● Can perform even in low-voltage situations.
● The thermal overload protector safeguards against voltage fluctuations.
● 3 blades are present in this stand fan for better air circulation.
● A noise level of 73.4 dB makes the fan disturbance-free.
● Even after having a powerful motor, the fan weighs 9 Kgs.
● It has a sleek design which is perfect for modern homes.
● Havells provides a 2-year warranty on this product.
2. iBELL CHROME 10 High Speed Pedestal Fan
A Fan Made with Innovation
When it comes to stand fans, we are used to some designs, but iBell went towards the path of innovation to make a 5 blade fan with amazing performance. It has a 55W powerful motor which ensures you great airflow whenever you want to use the fan. On top of that, the company cares for its appearance making it the best high-speed pedestal fan suitable for Indian households.
Commendable and Trusworthy Durability
The lifespan of a product is often a concern for us Indians, but the superior quality plastic used in the blades makes it break resistant. Along with that, even the grills are powder coated to prevent it from rusting. So, the fan is going to last in your home for a long time even after frequent cleaning sessions. There is added stability in the bottom of the fan.
User-Friendly and Useful Design
All of us like to use those products which provide great response. In this fan by iBell you get a timer which you can set up to 2 hours, and you get 3 speed settings. There is also an oscillation control knob at the back of the fan which lets you choose your preferred mode. You can even change the height of this fan which is amazing.
Most of us are skeptical about the product that we are buying, so iBell provides a 1 year warranty on the stand fan. The added bonus is that you can get 1 years warranty extra on registering with them. This helps you to mitigate any problems that may occur to the fan in the stipulated period.
● There are five leaves in this fan for superior air throw.
● The timer knob lets you set duration up to 2 hours.
● You can choose between the three-speed settings.
● Oscillation control through knob present at the back.
● Powder coating is present on the grill to prevent rusting.
● Its Self-lubricating motor helps the fan to last for a long time.
● The whisper-quiet operation to avoid any disturbance.
● Quality materials used to provide durability and
● Even the height of the stand fan can be adjusted.
● The company presents a 1+1 year warranty.
3. AmazonBasics – High Speed Pedestal Fan (with Automatic Oscillation)
Safe and Risk-Free Design
Many of you have kids and pets at your home and you want them to be completely safe, this fan from AmazonBasics has the protection. They have run this model through multiple international tests which ensure that there is no shock or fire hazard to this fan. On top of that, the solid base helps the fan to remain stable while operating.
A Fan with High-Speed Air Circulation
One of the reasons to get this pedestal fan is because, at its top speed, the motor provides 1400 RPM. So, the airflow is quite soothing. It also doesn’t make much sound when it is at the highest speed. So, you can easily enjoy the cool wind of this fan without getting disturbed.
Capability of Adjustment
Are you tired of using those fans which come with little to no adjustment capacity? If yes, then this pedestal fan from AmazonBasics will lift up your mood. You can easily adjust the speed of the wind as well as the height of the fan. Along with these you can also tilt the fan head in any of the three directions. The fan also sports the feature of automatic oscillation which helps in better circulation of air.
Meets the International Standards
One of the greatest things about AmazonBasics products is that they have been tested according to international standards. This stand fan also meets the foreign standards of design, safety, as well as of durability. So, you can be rest assured about the product which you will be receiving.
● 1456 RPM is the top speed of the fan which is quite good.
● The fan has 3 blades with a total sweep length of 400 mm.
● There are 3 speed choices in this stand fan.
● A 78 degree automated oscillation function is present in this fan.
● One can tilt the fan in 3 different angles for better airflow.
● Proofed and protected against shocks and fire hazards.
● Adjustable height of fan between 115 and 135 cm.
● 73.4 dB is the maximum sound made by this fan.
● 55 Watts is the greatest power consumption of this stand fan.
● Amazon provides a 2-years Warranty against manufacturing defects.
4. Havells Augusta 400 mm Pedestal Fan with Timer
Pedestal Fan with Supreme High-Speed Design
We are sure that you will fall in love with this fan instantly. Like all other Havells products, this stand fan seeks to be one of the most efficient pedestal fans in the Indian market and it does its job quite well. The sturdy blades along with the copper motor are meant to provide unconditional cool air throughout its lifespan.
Various Control Options
As India goes through different seasons, the 3-speed options present in this fan works out efficiently. But, this fan doesn’t stop there and it goes on to provide you with the capacity to initiate oscillation which provides better air circulation. It also lets you tilt the fan head in any of the 3 angles.
Security of Stability
None of us wants a fan that may fall on us, so Havells provides this fan with a sturdy base which weighs it down and maintains its position. Also, the weight is evenly distributed through the fan’s body making it jerk free.
Created for Indian Households
Indians love products which are specifically meant for them and especially for the tropical weather. The high-speed sweep of this fan along with its brilliant air-circulation and its colourful appearance makes it perfect for Indian homes.
● The total sweep of the fan is 400mm.
● The fan comes with a 2 hours timer.
● There are 3 speed buttons in this fan.
● The height of the stand fan can be adjusted.
● Copper has been used in the motor for a durable life.
● It has a sturdy base which makes it stand upright even at the top speed.
● You can control the oscillation knob for better air circulation.
● The Head of the fan can also be tilted for targeting a specific area.
● Two colour options are available for this fan.
● A 2-year guaranteed warranty is provided by Havells.
5. Usha Striker Pedestal Fan
A Fan from a Trusted Brand
Usha is a brand that is trusted by many Indian consumers because they have been using the company’s products for years. Nothing is changed when it comes to this fan as it also provides the best quality along with a 1-year warranty.
Powerful Sweep Capacity
The motor of this fan is quite powerful and it can perform at a rate of up to 2100 rotations per minute. This provides a superior sweep of 400 mm which provides cool breeze over a considerable amount of area.
Operates with Smooth Noise
People often complain about the annoying noise made by stand fans because of their high speed, but Usha makes sure that you wouldn’t face any such issue with this fan.
Made Specifically for India
As Usha is a home-brand you can trust that they make their products after considering the hot and steamy weather of India. So, everything from the high speed to the great oscillation power of this fan is meant particularly for Indian spaces.
● This is a high speed pedestal fan.
● It comes with auto thermal overload protection.
● There are 3 speed controls in this fan.
● 3 aerodynamically designed PP blades provide superior airflow.
● 400 mm is the maximum sweep of this fan.
● Indian weather has been kept in mind while designing the fan.
● Uniform oscillation is maintained for better circulation.
● Powder coating is present on the guards to prevent rust.
● 135 Watt is the maximum power consumption of this fan.
● A 1-year warranty is provided by Usha.
What is Special About A Pedestal Fan?
Apart from a pedestal fan, the two primary fans used in India are table fans and the usual ceiling fans. The only difference between them is that a pedestal fan has a longer stand compared to that of a table fan. Also, the best thing about a pedestal fan is that it can be moved around for better air circulation.
Many pedestal fans also come with an adjustable length or removable stand which lets people change the height of the fan. A pedestal fan is found with a single-speed or they can have multiple-speed options which are also known as high-speed fans. The products we reviewed above are the best pedestal fans available in the market and have all these features.
Difference between Ordinary and High Speed Pedestal Fan
Generally, a normal pedestal fan will have a single speed button whereas the high-speed pedestal fans have multiple speed buttons. There is a difference in the mechanism used in the fans, as the high-speed variant tends to be more complex.
Both of them work with electromagnetic mechanisms which makes the rotor move the blades. The high-speed fans have a voltage regulator attached to the single phase AC synchronous motor which helps in getting the different speeds. Whereas a normal or single speed pedestal fan contains a single-phase AC induction motor.
Advantages and disadvantages of Pedestal fans
- A pedestal fan provides better air circulation as well as multiple speed settings which allow a person to use the fan throughout the year.
- A pedestal fan can be easily moved from one place to another because they are meant to be light and portable.
- These days, the pedestal fans come with a lot of features such as adjustments in speed, provisions of a timer, capacities to tilt the head, automatic oscillation and remote control operations.
- The maintenance cost of a pedestal fan is quite less and it doesn’t turn into a huge electricity bill like Air Conditioners.
- A Pedestal fan is better for the environment as it does not consume a ton of electricity or give off any harmful by-products.
- The best thing about a pedestal fan is that it is quite cheap.
- Most of the pedestal fans do make a certain amount of noise, though it isn’t very troubling.
- A pedestal fan does take up some amount of your floor space.
7 things to check To Buy a Pedestal Fan in India
To buy the best pedestal fan, you should consider several factors that decide the right product according to your specific needs. Here are the 7 most important things that you should check before buying.
1. Blade Sweep
The sweep decides the area that will be covered by the fan. We will recommend you to go for a pedestal fan with a blade sweep of 400 mm or more.
2. Fan Speed
As you are trying to buy a high-speed fan, it is essential to choose a product that is actually powerful. Try to go for a pedestal fan that have multiple speed settings with an RPM of more than 1400.
Because you are getting a pedestal fan, it is obvious that you will get an oscillating fan. But, you need to make sure that if there is automated oscillation or if it has to be controlled by a knob. Oscillating fans have better and thorough air delivery.
4. Height and Tilt Adjustment
We think that it is important for a pedestal fan to have height and tilt adjustments, especially when they are meant for your bedroom. Height adjustment ensures that you can change the length of the stand according to preference. Tilt adjustment lets you maneuver the head of the fan for directing air at a specific area.
5. Quality Material
Whenever you are getting a pedestal fan do make sure that it comes with the best materials. If the blades are made of plastic, they need to be of the best quality to have a long lifespan. Also, make sure that the grill is well-made and rustproof for the best experience.
6. Number of Blades
Generally, a pedestal fan has 3 blades that are adequate, but if possible, get a fan that has about 4 or 5 blades as they ensure you will have better airflow. The reason behind this is that a greater number of blades help to move air faster. But, do make sure that the blades are shaped in an aerodynamic way for better air circulation.
Another critical point to note will be the motor speed of the fan. If a 5-bladed fan has a weak motor, it may have lesser speed than a 3-blade fan. The blade size may also matter as smaller blades may have a harder time to cut through the air. So, while you are choosing a fan, make sure to tally all specifications of a fan. A useful tip will be to gravitate towards a powerful motor.
You should never buy a fan that doesn’t come with a warranty. This is the reason for which you should always buy a fan from a reputed brand which provides an adequate warranty which ensures that the company will take care of the product if there is any problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Havells is definitely the best brand for a pedestal fan, but it is closely followed by fans produced by Usha, iBell and AmazonBasics. All of the above brands have good quality products in an affordable price range.
The sweep means the area of circulation covered by the pedestal fan. More is the sweep, better is the coverage efficiency. It is recommended to buy a pedestal fan with a larger sweep.
No, they don’t. A Pedestal fan is one of the most electricity efficient appliances that you can use at your home to cool off during summer.
Yes, 5 fan blades are better than 3 because they are able to cut through the air faster. With more number of blades, the fan faces more resistance from the air. Therefore, the motor should be powerful and the blades should be designed well aerodynamically.
These are almost all of the things that you need to know about the best pedestal fan in the Indian market. They have turned into a basic necessity for many Indian’s who cannot afford an Air Conditioner or Air Cooler and even for those who are conscious of the environment.
Even though there are modern innovations like a portable air conditioner or a tower AC, these cost much higher than a pedestal fan. These pedestal fans are one of the best ways to beat the heat because they come with a number of controls and they are super easy to use.
We hope that our guide and review will help you to find the most suitable pedestal fan for your requirements. If you have any query, share with us in the comments below.
- Best Designer Ceiling Fans in India
- Havells Nicola Ceiling Fan Review
- Air Cooler vs Fan: Power Consumption
- Tower Fan or Ceiling Fan: Which is better?
- Exhaust Fan or Chimney: which one is good for your kitchen?
- The Best Ceiling Fans in India
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API