Who does not love mouth-watering cookies, pizza, ice-cream or cakes?
What about making these tasty food items at your home? A stand mixer is exactly made for this purpose. It mixes and blends the required raw materials into the perfect combination. Most of the modern stand mixers can not only do the mixing but also chopping, slicing, beating eggs.
Having a stand mixer at your home can surely relieve your hands from doing the hard part of the mixing and blending. While you get engaged in other tasks, the machine will continue to do the work without your interference.
In this Review and Buying Guide, we have listed the top 8 products, not only on the basis of the features but our thorough research and actual customer reviews.
If you hate reading a long review, here we present our Top Pick- KitchenAid 300 Watt Tilt Head 4.8 L Espresso Stand Mixer which is the Best Stand Mixer in India 2020.
What Will You Learn in This Article?
- Best Stand Mixers in India
- Reviews of Top-8 stand mixers in 2020
- Stand Mixers: Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Stand Mixers in 2020
Best Stand Mixers for Cake and Dough in India: Reviews
1. KitchenAid 300 Watt 4.8 L Tilt-Head Espresso Stand Mixer
- 300 watt Direct Drive Motor with 10 speeds
- 4.8 Litres capacity
- 59-point planetary mixing action
- Full metal construction
- Single attachment hub for a wide choice of optional attachments
- Warranty: 5 years on residential use
- Operating voltage: 220-230 volts
- Includes: Stand Mixer, Dough Hook, Wire Whisk, Flat Beater, Stainless Steel bowl with comfort handle, Pouring Shield and User Manual
- For any queries related to service or product information, contact_us on: [ 18004190790 ]
- Smooth and rounded tilt head design
KitchenAid is one of the oldest manufacturers in the world that started the production of kitchen appliances since the early 20th century. Stand mixers are one of their area of expertise. This 4.8 L product comes with 10 mixing speeds that can be very helpful if you use it for different kinds of recipes. The mixer works extremely great with minimum noise and maximum efficiency for making meringue, roti, chapati, cookies, cake, bread. However, with harder dough, the machine tends to get noisier. So, it is better to keep the water content in a balanced way.
This tilt-head design of the mixer helps the user to add suitable ingredients into the bowl very easily. During the processing of the dough, it keeps the machine head steady in its position.
For mixing devices, a higher number of points of planetary mixing action is expected. This machine comes with a huge 59-point planetary mixing position that is perfect for the homogeneous mixing of the dough. KitchenAid provides the following 5 accessories with the model.
- An aluminium made anti-stick nylon-coated flat beater, useful for the hard and heavy dough.
- A stainless steel wire whisk with an aluminium head for making creams and dips.
- One aluminium made a non-stick dough hook, perfect for making bread, pizza, and pasta.
- A pouring shield to avoid splashing.
- One 4.8 liter bowl made of stainless steel.
On top of that, the most interesting part of this stand mixer to have at your home is- it comes with a huge 5-year warranty.
Being a brand owned by the Whirlpool Corporation, you can also get prompt customer service in India. Considering all these above features, we have selected it to be the Best Stand Mixer in India in 2020.
2. Wonderchef 1000-Watt 5 L Stand Mixer
- Whip up lip-smacking mixes for cakes and pastries in a jiffy, make doughs for pizzas, rotis and bread
- Make sufficient dough for 4-5/400 gms loaves, 12 dozen cookies or biscuits, 14-15 beaten egg whites or 1.5 litres of whipped cream at one time
- Die-cast metal housing for stability, strength and performance
- Planetary mixing action for perfect texture and consistency, 5 litre large stainless steel bowl, 6 speed settings and 3 attachments
- Pulse speed provides quick start/stop control
- 3 types of beaters for mixing, whisking and dough making
- Detachable aluminium blades for easy cleaning
- Skid-resistant feet
- Warranty: 3 years on products
- Power: 1000 watts
Our next pick is from Wonderchef, known for manufacturing world-class products with German standards and Italian design. This particular stand mixer model is perfect for making cakes, pastry to pizza, roti, and bread in Indian style. The die-cast metal housing of the mixer is very durable and strong enough to withstand the vibration caused during operation. The anti-skid feet of the machine also plays a big role here.
A powerful 1000-watt motor with 6 different speed settings is available with the product. The high capacity bowl of 5 liters is made of stainless steel to give you a better quality of food for the longest time possible! Wonderchef provides 3 separate attachments to prepare with this product for mixing, wire whisking and making the dough.
So, in this Wonderchef stand mixer review, you get to know the amazing features of this stand mixer. Now check the pros and cons and find out if it suits your needs.
3. Bajaj Platini 1000-Watt 5.2 L Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
- Planetary action and tilt head design
- 8 stepless speed settings
- 5.2 stainless steel mixing bowl
- Aluminium flat beater, stainless steel whisker, aluminium dough hook and anti splash cover guard
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 1000 watts
- Includes: Stand mixer, Stainless steel mixing bowl, Flat beater, Whisker, Dough hook, Splash guard, Instruction manual and Warranty card
- Marketed by Bajaj Electricals ltd
- Color : Marsala
- Planetary action and tilt head design
Our next pick is made by the famous Indian brand Bajaj. This model of a stand mixer comes with a higher capacity and powerful 1000-watt motor with 8 different speed settings. Here is what kind of mixture can be made with this stand mixer with the variable speed settings.
- 1-2 speed: Bread, Pizza, and similar items.
- 1-6 speed: Cakes, pies and related items.
- 5-8 speed: Whipping cream, Ice cream, and similar items.
From the above, you might have got a clear idea about how these speed settings can be useful for baking. Bajaj includes 5 different accessories with this model- a stainless steel mixing bowl, aluminium flat beater, wire whisker, aluminium dough hook, and splash guard. These accessories are perfect for all basic setups to make varieties of mixing arrangements.
The stand mixer is extremely easy to use, even for first-time users. We recommend placing the mixer near the power source to make the operation more convenient with safety. The knobs and buttons are easy to reach and do not need a huge effort to operate.
The product has an impressive stylish design with a fabulous marsala color that can catch your eyes at the first look. Having such a wide range of functions, it is most suitable to use for every Indian household.
4. Oster 250-Watt 2.5 L Stand Mixer
- 6 Speed Settings
- Power Boost switch for Turbo speed
- Convinient one touch beater eject lever
- Detachable head from the stand
- Durable full size beaters and dough hooks
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 250 Watts; Operating Voltage: 170-220 volts
- Includes: Hand Mixer with Bowl and Stand, 2 Blade Set - Beater and Dough Hook
The next product we have chosen is manufactured by Oster, another old brand established in the early 20th century. This particular model is suitable for couples or small families as the mixing bowl capacity is 2.5 liters powered by a 250-watt motor. Depending upon the type and quantity of the dough, you can adjust the mixing speed at 6 different levels. There is a special switch for a power boost in case you need a higher speed. The rotation of the bowl during operation ensures uniform mixing of the dough.
This tilt-head stand mixer comes with stainless steel beater and dough hooks that are highly durable. With such amazing features of this Oster stand mixer, you can prepare dough for mouth-watering Chapati, Bhature, Pizza, Cake, Thepla, Cookies, Dhokla and many other food items whenever you want to.
5. Morphy Richards Total Control 800-Watt 5 L Stand Mixer
- Smart Response technology allows you to have total control of the mixing process with the simple touch of a button
- Six programmed settings for egg whites, whipping cream, Victoria sponge, butter cream, white bread dough and multigrain/seeded bread dough
- Six speeds for control when making recipes to your taste
- Pulse setting for adding short bursts of power
- Three sets of stainless steel attachments
- Cake beater attachment, whisk and pastry dough hook and all dishwasher safe
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 800 watts; Operating Voltage: 240 volts
- Includes: Stand Mixer
Morphy Richards is another very old brand that originated in England and manufactures a large range of fine quality home and kitchen appliances. This stand mixer is beautifully designed keeping all engineering aspects in balance and you may a clear idea about all these in this Morphy Richards stand mixer review.
The model is outstanding in smart operation among all the products we have listed in this buying guide for stand mixers. This product comes with Morphy Richards’ own “Smart Response Technology“. It allows the user to select a pre-programmed setting from 6 automatic mixing settings suitable for the type of food. After that when you start the operation, the stand mixer will automatically optimize the power and adjust the rotating speed of the 800-watt motor without the user’s interference. During rotation, if you need to add any ingredient, just use the pause button and release it when you need to start over. This is an extremely useful and unique benefit from this stand mixer.
The product comes with 3 stainless steel attachments- a beater, a wire whisker, and a dough hook which is what you need to start. Overall, we find this product to be one of the best stand mixers in India for making cakes, cookies, pizza, roti, chapati, bread, and many delicious food items.
NOTE: There is some misinformation around the internet that Morphy Richards has no service center in India. The fact is Morphy Richard’s world-class products are marketed and serviced by Bajaj Electricals in India. You can get your product serviced by Bajaj. CLICK HERE to know how to register a customer complaint and get a home service.
- 3 Litre rotating bowl/detachable as hand mixer
- 5 speed selection
- 200 watts motor/hands free mixing
- Egg beater and dough hook
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 200 watts; Operating voltage: 220-240 volts
- The bowl doesn't rotate, only the motor rotates. The bowl has to be held with hand for function.
- Includes: Hand blender, Egg beater and dough hook, 3 Litre rotating bowl, Warranty card and User manual
This lightweight stand mixer comes with a 3 Litre bowl that can be detached easily with hands. The motor can be run in 5 different rotational speeds depending upon the recipe you are making. The high capacity 200-watt motor is very efficient for any dough mixing operation.
The design of the stand mixer is simple and user-friendly allowing the operator to have more control over the mixing process. When you switch on the product, the bowl rotates automatically making the mixture more balanced with the added ingredients. This model from Panasonic comes with 3 accessories with the package- an egg beater, a blender, and an instant mix hook that are essential for any basic mixing operation.
7. KitchenAid 500-Watt 6.9 L Stand Mixer
- Smooth, rounded bowl - lift professional design Ideal for heavy loads/use and easy to clean
- High efficiency motor with direct drive Quiet and powerful ; 10 Speed settings ; Additional Features: Two-Piece Pouring Shield
- Full metal body construction, high precision metal gears and metal control knobs Stable, quiet and durable
- 6.9L stainless steel bowl Easily handles very large quantities of food
- 1 Year Warranty
- Power: 325 watts ; Voltage: 220-240V ; Frequency: 50 / 60 HZ ; RPM: 40 to 200 RPM
- Includes: Stand mixer, Stainless Steel Bowl (6.9L), Elliptic 11 Wire Whisk, Power knead Spiral Dough Hook and Flat Beater
KitchenAid being the best brand for stand mixers in India, offers high-end models with different capacities. This product is another gem with a higher capacity of 6.9 L. If you have a big family or want to make food items in bulk, it is perfect for your requirements. The standing mixer is very durable with full-body metal casing with the high quality metal gears.
This 500-watt product comes with a robust motor, rotation of which can be regulated in 10 separate speed settings. It can be very useful for different stages of mixing as well as different food items. The product contains 4 accessories- a stainless steel bowl with 11-wire whisk, spiral dough hook and flat beater.
Considering the overall features, it can be perfect if you want to make big batches frequently. Otherwise, you can go with the 4.8 Liter model.
8. KT Traders DSP 3in1 1200-Watt 5 L Stand Mixer
- 5 litre
- 3 in 1 mixer
- WARRANTY NOTE: IF YOU PURCHASE FROM ONLY AP24X7 SELLER YOU WILL GET 6 MONTH WARRANTY.AND NOT ON DAMAGED PARTS
If you are looking for a cheap stand mixer, then this model from KT Traders is good for you. The product comes with capacity as high as 5 liters which is good for homemakers, serious bakers and also for hobbyists. It is built with 5-speed settings available for making different kinds of food. The KT Traders DSP Stand Mixer comes with a 3-in-1 feature– dough kneading, mixing and shell breaking.
The product comes with overheating protection that improves safety while you use it. The price is good for a 1200-watt machine and affordable.
Stand Mixer Buying Guide in India
Before you buy a stand mixer, you must keep several important facts in mind. To select the right product, you need to choose your requirements very carefully. Then compare it with the best stand mixers in India. We are here to guide you buying the right product.
Stand Mixer vs Hand Mixing- Why do you need a Stand Mixer?
Having a stand mixer at home can be very advantageous and ease the processing of food items to the highest quality possible.
- A stand mixer can be used to prepare a wide range of food items including cake, bread, pizza, cookies, ice cream and a lot more. You do not need to have multiple appliances for making dough or mix ingredients.
- Making dough can be a messy job and takes lots of effort. With a stand mixer, you just need the additional ingredients like atta or flour with a suitable quantity of water. The machine will do the rest while you can engage in doing other jobs saving your time.
- A stand mixer can mix or make the dough in a large quantity that is quite difficult to do by hand.
- It ensures proper mixing of the ingredients to process the best quality of food items.
With these tremendous advantages of a stand mixer over mixing by hand, it can be very helpful to homemakers, hobbyists and even professionals.
Types of Stand Mixer
As per the latest technology, there are two types of stand mixers available in the Indian market.
- Tilt-head Stand Mixer.
- Bowl-lift Stand Mixer.
In the tilt-head stand mixer, you can tilt over the head of the machine to move the bowl. On the other hand, the bowl is held by an arm of the machine at a suitable height. The arm needs to be raised in order to move the bowl. Generally, bowl-lift stand mixers are more sturdy but cost more.
What should you check before you Buy a Stand Mixer?
There are several factors that you need to check and verify with your requirements before making any decision to buy.
1. Capacity of Stand Mixer
This is the first and foremost thing that you must check as it directly relates to the quantity of food you are going to produce. A stand mixer can have the maximum capacity in between 2.5 Litres to 7 Litres for domestic use. If you have a small family with 2-3 members or you’re a hobbyist to make small batches of food, a lower to a medium capacity product can suit you the most. On the other hand, you might like to have a higher capacity machine to prepare large batches if you belong to a big family.
2. Motor Wattage Capacity
The capacity of the inbuilt motor can play a big role to prepare the food efficiently. The quality and sturdiness matter a lot too because of the vibration generated to operate the machine. Generally, to produce more dough or prepare more mixing of the ingredients at a time, the machine needs to be run more thoroughly to ensure better mixing quality. All of the high capacity Stand mixers have a higher wattage rating for their motors.
3. Build Quality and Durability
This is an extremely important point for you to note as this is very crucial to make a stand mixer last longer. Most of the reputed brands provide full-body metal cover with anti-skid attachments at the feet. It ensures to make the machine being steady when you operate it. These features can be very beneficial if you are planning to use it at your home where the user does not have much prior knowledge of using such a stand mixer.
4. Quanity of produced food
The ultimate goal of using a stand mixer is to produce high-quality dough or food mixes in sufficient quantity that can match our requirements. For example, if you want to make a dough for 5 people with 4 Rotis of 10 inches in diameter for each, you will need around 700 grams of atta. To make dough for 20 rotis, it is safe to have a stand mixer with 5 liters of capacity. If you love tasty cakes, a 5 L stand mixer can make the mix up to 4 Kg approximately . The same capacity stand mixer can produce up to 1.5 Liters of whipped cream in quantity.
5. Planetary Mixing
This is a very interesting thing for all kinds of mixing devices. When in operation, the beater in the bowl moves in a remarkable motion that resembles the movement of the planets. This is why it is called “planetary mixing”.
There are different kinds of planetary motions depending upon the point of contact around the bowl. For example, the image shows 16-point planetary mixing action. Higher the number of points of contact, better the mixing quality.
Our first pick from KitchenAid comes with a 59-point planetary mixing capability. This is excellent for making food items like cake, pizza, bread at home.
6. Ease of Use and Maintenance
The goal of buying a stand mixer is to ease the kneading and mixing operation with relief to the hands. Therefore, you should select the stand mixer that does not complicate the process. Otherwise, what is the meaning of having it?
Choose a stand mixer that comes with easy method of changing the mixing tools, user-friendly mixing speed settings and convenience to add suitable ingredients in any time.
Apart from it, the stand mixer should also be a machine that requires less maintenance and can be cleaned easily.
7. Availability of high-quality attachments
Every stand mixers come with different types of basic attachments for making dough, beating eggs and mixing ingredients of food items.
A wire whisker or whipper is an essential cooking tool for mixing and blending the ingredients for cakes, cookies, bread. When it rotates, the mixer effectively induces air bubbles into the mix making it convenient for baking.
This kitchen tool is generally made of food-grade stainless steel to last longer and provide you the safest food to consume.
- Flat Beater
This attachment of a stand mixer a very essential for mixing operations. It is used to beat air into the egg for making a perfect aerated mixture.
This kitchen tool comes in different shapes and sizes to match your machine specifications. Most of the reputed brands provide it inclusive in their package of a stand mixer. The product is also known as an egg-beater.
Generally, the flat beaters are made of stainless steel with a non-stick coating of nylon.
- Dough Hook
The dough hook is another must-have attachment with a stand mixer. As the name implies, it is used for making the dough.
The helix-shaped tool is very useful to mix hard ingredients like atta or flour. Rather than troublesome kneading, you can use it for making the perfect quality dough within minutes.
The commonly available dough hooks are made of stainless steel with a coating of nylon that does not stick to the dough.
- Pouring Shield
The pouring shield is a small attachment that prevents the mixture of ingredients from splashing.
Another advantage of this attachment is that you can pour ingredients into the bowl withing spilling over.
This is very helpful to maintain the cleanliness of the machine.
This is not all. Apart from these basic attachments, you can also use several other attachments to make ice cream, juice, processed/ grinded/ sliced/ shredded food. The following advanced attachments are very popular in India.
- Citrus Juicer Attachment for KitchenAid Mixer
- Metal Food Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- KitchenAid Ice Cream Bowl Attachment
- Food Grinder and Sausage Filler Tube Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- Vegetable Chopper Attachment Compatible with KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixer
Frequently Asked Questions on Stand Mixers
There are several brands that manufacture great quality mixers. Out of which KitchenAid, Wonderchef and Morphy Richards are the best brands for a stand mixer in India.
We recommend KitchenAid for the highest performance, service, and Quality. Read the benefits and disadvantages of a stand mixer in the Review and Buying Guide.
Both of the machines work well but when it comes to convenience, time-saving, high batches of mixing and better quality, a stand mixer works the best. Stand mixers are excellent for dedicated homemakers, hobbyists, and professionals in baking. On the other hand, a stand mixer can be used for a short period of time.
The worthiness of a stand mixer depends upon the purpose of use. If you love to bake foods like bread, pizzas, cookies, cakes or even make roti or chapati regularly or at least once a week, buying a stand mixer will definitely help you.
This is because of the quality and performance of stand mixers. Stand mixers are more sturdy, a better performer, excellently durable with high-quality output than hand mixers or any other similar devices. Most of the machine comes with a powerful motor with full metal body casing. Moreover, using simple attachments, you can turn it into an ice cream maker, food grinder, juicer, vegetable chopper and many more. This is actually an all-in-one processing machine for the kitchen.
When using a stand mixer, you no longer need to make the dough by kneading with hands. You can save time to a great extent and make large batches of ingredient mixture/ dough within a few minutes. It is more useful to the persons who love to bake frequently.
Final Notes on Stand Mixers
From the buying guide you can see that a stand mixer is great if you love to bake cakes or cookies frequently. It is also very suitable for making dough if you regularly make roti or chapati. You no longer need to make your hands dirty with messy kneading. With a stand mixer, you can significantly reduce your engagement time and do other works while it continues the process.
Being an expensive product, it is necessary to choose the right features that match your needs. In our opinion, KitchenAid Artisan Series 4.8 Litre Tilt-Head Stand Mixer is the best product that you can ever find in the Indian Market. Along with high performance, durability, design and customer service, this stand mixer offers a 5-year warranty that no other brand provides.
Share your thoughts in the comments section. We will try our best to guide you in the right direction.
Check Related Buying Guides and Reviews on:
- Induction Cooktop
- Kitchen Chimney
- Water Purifier
- Electric Kettle
- Pressure Cooker
- Cold Press Juicer
- Air Fryer
- Hand Mixer
- Food Processor
Last update on 2020-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API