Use of a Dry Iron is most popular in the present day. But it has some certain limitations. You cannot iron silk, lighter fabric or a printed t-shirt easily with a dry iron. Therefore, if you try without proper procedures, your cloth might get damaged. It is difficult to remove stubborn wrinkles or creases using a dry iron. Steam irons clear out any of such wrinkle/ crease very efficiently. Likewise, steam irons have so many advantages over dry irons. To ease your search for the steam iron and buy online, we have prepared the list of Best Steam Iron in India (2020).
Top 5 Steam Iron in India (2020)
Best Steam Iron in India- Review
1. Morphy Richards Super Glide Steam Iron –Best Steam Iron in 2020
Why is it the Best?
The Steam Iron uses 2000 Watts power. So, it ensures efficient ironing with steam. Therefore, it gives wrinkle-free fabrics with just one glide. It has a special feature “Vertical Steam”. Therefore, you can use it to give a fresh look to your garments like Suits, Jackets. The Steam Iron comes with 46 steam holes that provide a perfect blend of steam and heat. Therefore, it is very easy to use steam iron efficiently. The Sole Plate (bottom area of the iron) is coated with diamond and premium ceramics. Accordingly, it ensures uniform heat distribution and longer life of the product. The Steam Iron has a special feature- “Turbo Boost”. So, it allows you to get rid of difficult wrinkles or creases. Moreover, it is designed with the Self-Clean feature that flushes out any deposits automatically. Therefore, it ensures higher efficiency and longevity.
2. Black+Decker BD BXIR2201IN Cordless Steam Iron
Black+Decker BD BXIR2201IN Review
It is a Heavy Duty Steam Iron with powerful Steam Burst and Spray function. So, these provide a little more moisture to make your clothes wrinkle-free. The Steam Iron uses 2200 watts that is good enough for daily use. The design of the Iron is very stylish and eye-catching. Once the iron is heated, you can use the Cordless feature for some time. At this time the Iron stays warm and can be used for dry ironing. It has Ceramic Sole Plate. So, it ensures smooth ironing and removes creases without any difficulty. Moreover, temperature and Steam can be controlled easily with the built-in knob present on the body of iron. It has a large water tank of 350 ml. Therefore, it ensures the steam to be produced for a longer time. It comes with Anti-Drip function. Therefore, it prevents the dripping of water from the soleplate.
3. Philips EasySpeed GC1028 Steam Iron
Review of Philips EasySpeed GC1028
The Steam Iron has Power Rating up to 2000 Watts. So, it removes any unwanted creases and wrinkles on the cloth. It has Continuous High-Quality Steam Rate up to 25 g/min. Therefore, it can remove creases excellently. It has a special feature to boost 100 g steam. So, it can effectively be used to remove difficult creases. The Scratch-Resistant Sole Plate is made of High-Quality Ceramic with golden heritage coating. So, it is better gliding on the clothing. The Drip-Stop feature allows you to keep your garments spotless while ironing. It has pointed tip, button groove and sleek design of the nose. So, it allows you to iron smoothly in the difficult areas of clothes. There is a Spray-Function that produces fine mist spread uniformly. Therefore, it allows you to iron efficiently.
4. Black+Decker BD BXIR2202IN Steam Iron
Black+Decker BD BXIR2202IN Review
The Steam Iron has Excellent Design and most Eye-Catching. It has 2200 Watts of maximum power capacity. So, you can get exceptional ironing performance. The Ceramic coated sole plate helps in the Uniform Heat Distribution. So, any fabric can be ironed and creases can be removed easily. It has a unique Steam Bursting and Spray function. Therefore, it can help you to remove difficult wrinkles and creases. The Steam Iron comes with a 380 ml large water tank. So, this ensures steam can be produced for a longer period. It is designed with a Variable Temperature & Steam Control function. Consequently, it helps you to adjust temperature and steam flow as per our needs.
5. Philips GC1905 Steam Iron
Review of Philips GC1905
The Steam Iron can be operated very fast. So, water filling, steaming and ironing can be done very easily. The Spray Function produces fine mist uniformly. So, it is easier to iron out creases. It has a huge filling hole and the sideways opening door. Therefore water filling and draining are very easy. The steam iron comes with Linished soleplate. Therefore, it allows the users to glide perfectly on all fabrics. It produces Steam up to 17 g/ min. So, the steaming operation is very fast.
Top Brands for Best Steam Iron in India
1. Philips: Firstly, Philips is the best brand for Steam Irons. They have Outstanding Quality, Stunning Design of Steam Irons in the very affordable price range. They have a great range of the best steam irons in India.
2. Morphy Richards: For over 80 years, Morphy Richards is the pioneer of household appliances in Europe. However, Some of their products are available in India. They have one of the best steam irons in India. Those Steam Irons have futuristic designs. In addition, they have lots of special features built-in with the Steam Irons.
3. Black+Decker: Since 1843, the company remained focused on customer needs. They also have a great range of Home Improvement Tools. Steam Irons from Black+Decker have outstanding Quality and Design.
4. Bajaj: They have one of the cheapest range of Steam Irons but have limited functions compared to the selected Best Steam Irons.
5. Prestige: The Cheapest collection of Steam Irons are from Prestige. Compared to the Steam Irons below, they have limited functionality. But they have indeed low price affordable products.
Jump to the Review Section.
Buying Guide for Best Steam Iron in India
1. Watt-Rating: This is the most important factor to consider before buying. Firstly, Higher the wattage rating, better the efficiency of the Steam Iron. Although, higher wattage will consume more electricity. But less time is needed for ironing. Therefore, it is recommended to select higher wattage.
2. Size & Weight: Mostly all steam irons are bigger and heavier than dry iron. Because of the water chamber, the size is bigger. So, the size and weight need to be checked before buying a steam iron.
3. Steam Rate: The weight of steam released per minute is denoted by it. Therefore, the steam rate determines how effectively the ironing process is done. However, the higher the steam rate, the better the effectiveness of the Steam Iron.
4. Steam Burst: This is a special feature that some of the steam irons have. Steam Burst is required to remove any stubborn crease/ wrinkle.
5. Soleplate: It is one of the most important components of a steam iron. Soleplate determines how effectively heat is transferred to the fabric. However, there are many types of soleplates made of ceramic, stainless steel, titanium. Titanium or Stainless Steel is a better conductor of heat and easier to clean. Those are easy to maintain and more durable. Additionally, Ceramic soleplates are the most also a very good conductor of heat. Moreover, the ceramic soleplates prevent statics and prevent clothes from sticking on to the surface.
6. The capacity of the Water Chamber: Higher the capacity of the water chamber, better the steaming time. So, With an increase in the size of a water chamber, the size & weight of a steam iron increases. Therefore, a water chamber of more than 380 ml is not recommended.
Jump to the Review Section.
Frequently Asked Questions
When not in use, keep the iron Horizontal. However, do not fill water completely and leave some gaps. Moreover, it is recommended to wait for some time for the iron to heat up before using it. After using the steam iron, empty the water chamber and turn the Steam Iron to normal mode.
Higher wattage indicates higher power consumption as well as faster healing. However, it is recommended to select higher wattage as it is more efficient in terms of time, quality of ironing. Higher wattage takes less time to heat up and iron. So, the power consumed is not much high.
When the package arrives, look for any warranty card-present inside the box. However, even if you lose it, you can claim the warranty using the invoice. Therefore, nothing to worry about.
You can use White Vinegar/ Baking Soda/ Toothpaste/ Salt to clean. However, For more information on how to clean, please check medium.com.
The white powder is nothing but the salt substance present in water. However, if it is problematic, replace it with distilled/ RO/ Soft water. The white powders will vanish in a couple of uses.
Jump to the Review Section.
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API