We all love noodles which are available across the world in different forms, styles, and cuisines. Among all of them, my favorite is the crispy noodles or crispy fried noodles. It is a Chinese dish, usually served as an evening snack. Crispy fried noodles recipe is also the base dish of American Chopsuey.
What are Crispy Fried Noodles?
As the name implies, this is one kind of fried noodle that is crunchy and crispy. To make such a noodle, you need to deep fry it after boiling. Then you can add some toppings made of chicken and prawns with vegetables on it. It is a perfect dish as your snacks in the evening that costs a little amount of money.
How to make Crispy Noodles?
Making crispy fried noodles at home is quite easy as the ingredients are easily available. Some of the important ingredients are- noodles, capsicum, carrot, mushroom, chicken, and prawns. If you are a vegetarian, you can omit the chicken and prawns from the list.
Note: The key to making “crispy” fried noodles is to ensure dryness on them.
After the arrangement of all the ingredients; boil the noodles, dry it up, and then deep fry. You have to prepare the gravy topping separately as explained below.
Crispy Fried Noodles (Chow Mein) Recipe
- Gas Stove or Induction Cooktop
- Frying Pan
- Kadai or deep fryer
- Kitchen Chimney
- Vegetable Chopper
- 1 cup Chopped Capcicum
- 1 cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 3 no Garlic Cloves
- 200 g Peeled Prawn
- 200 g Boneless Chicken
- 2 no Eggs
- 500 g Noodles
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyester Sauce
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 200 g Mushroom
- To make crispy noodles, first take a vegetable chopper to shred the capcicum, carrot and onion. Then, use a mixer grinder to make pastes of ginger and garlic. Now keep them aside and focus on the next steps.
- Now, turn on your gas stove or induction cooktop to boil the noodles with medium flames (gas stove) or under 250-degree celcius (Induction) for 3 minutes. Ensure that this noodles do not get overboiled, otherwise they won't be crispy. Use a shieve to drain the water and let it dry when boiling completes.
- When the noodles are dried, toss them with cornflour. It will help the noodles get rid of extra moisture and also make them crispy.
- Next, turn on your chimney, take out your deep fryer or kadai and pour vegetable oil into it. When heated, add the suitable quantity of noodles for single serving to deep fry it. Repeat this process until you fry all the noodles.
- Clear out your pan, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and heat it up. Then add the chopped capsicum, carrot, onion, ginger and garlic paste to it along with a suitable quantity of salt and chilli. Add a suitable quantity of soya sauce, oyester sauce to the mixture in the pan and fry for a few minutes.
- After frying completes, take it out and put on the fried noodles in a suitable quantity. Now your recipe for fried noodles is completed!
- If you want to save oil, fry noodles for a single serving at a time.
- You can add any other vegetable salad to the crispy fried noodles.
- The crispy fried noodles can be consumed without the topping if you wish to.
Nutrition in Crispy Fried Noodles
Crispy fried noodles are highly nutritious. The above recipe provides 489 calories of energy to one consumer out of four servings. In one serving, there are 22.7 g Fat, 147 mg Cholesterol, 374 mg Sodium, 41.9 g Total Carbohydrate, 30.1 g Protein, 188 mcg Vitamin-D, 44 mg Calcium, 3 mg Iron, and 400 mg Potassium.
Check Other Recipes for Snacks: