Most of the difficult times in life are like Washing Machines; they twist us, spin us and thrash us around the wheel, but in the end, we all come out brighter, cleaner and better than never before. The clothes should be just as perfect as to match our lifestyle. But, are you confused about which Washing Machine to Buy? To compare front load vs top load washing machines, you need to know the applicability and functions of each.
We have researched for months to find the actual Pros and Cons of Top and Front loading washing machines based on practical applications. Comparing numerous factors like family size, washing requirement, cleanliness, safety, we have documented this article to help the Indian consumers.
Hence, know the Pros and Cons from the comparison of Front Load and Top Load Washing Machines to make a choice that you won’t regret.
Comparison of Top & Front Load Washing Machines
Washing Machine Top Load vs Front Load in India: Which one to select?
Here is an excellent video on whether you should select a Top loading or a Front Loading Washing Machine.
If you look at the overall performance and features of the washing machines, Front Loading Washing Machines are better if you have a budget of more than Rs 20000. However, for a tight budget, you can also choose a Top Loading Washing Machine. Eventually, our recommendation is always to choose a Fully Automatic Washing Machine whether you buy a Front Loading or Top Loading Washing Machine. The incredible fully automatic features will definitely save your time and energy both. Follow this simple chart to find the most suitable washing machine for your family.
|When to Choose?||Front Loading||Top Loading|
|Elders to operate||X||✓|
|Low Water Usage||✓||X|
|Highest Washing Speed||X||✓|
|Fast Spin Cycle||✓||X|
|Safe Washing of Clothes||✓||X|
From the above comparison chart of front load vs top load washing machines, it is clear that Front load washing machines are greater when your concern is mostly safety, low water usage, faster spin cycle and cleanliness. The best front loading washing machines can take care of all of these factors.
You should choose a top loading washing machine if you want easier handling by elders, low maintenance and faster washing. Top loading washing machines are greater than front loading washing machines in terms of the above concerns. All of the best top loading washing machines are built with such amazing features.
Also Read: The Best Washing machines in India
When should you select a Front Load Washing Machine?
From the above tables, when you compare a washing machine front load vs top load, it is clear that you need a Front Loading Washing Machine if you are looking for the following factors.
- Safest Washing.
- Low Water Usage.
- Faster Spin Cycle.
- Safe Washing of the clothes.
- Cleanest Washing.
Additionally, some of our recommended Front Loading Washing Machines are-
When should you select a Top Load Washing Machine?
Similarly, a Top Loading Washing Machine is good for you if your concerns are the following. As per the above charts with a comparison of Front Load vs Top Load washing machine, you may find that a top Load washing machine is better over a Front Load washing machine in terms of the following points.
- Easiest Handling.
- Elders to operate.
- Low Maintenance.
- High Washing Speed.
In addition, a few of our recommended Top Loading Washing Machines are-
Front Load Vs Top Load Washing Machines: How to Select the right one?
- Firstly, you have to ensure about the persons who will be operating. For elders, it is easier to operate as they do not need to bend down and up repeatedly to load and unload clothes. In that case, a top loading washing machine is perfect.
- Top loadings are also suitable for busy people who need to wash their clothes faster. Top loading washers have a generally faster cleaning time compared to front load washing machines.
- If you care more about the safety of the user and clothes, then go for a front loading washing machine as they are perfectly safe.
- Front loading washing machines tend to wash in a cleaner way than many of the top loading washing machines. These are hassle-free and require less involvement of the operator.
- In terms of maintenance, both of the front and top load washing machines are quite similar. But for most of the top load washers, the maintenance requirement is lesser.
- The washing machine you are planning to buy should function with less water and low electricity. In this case, front loading washing machines are better than top loading washing machines.
Selection of the right type of washing machines is purely a personal choice based on the above factors we have explained. Follow the guidelines and choose the right kind of washing machine that matches your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Front Loading washing machines are generally expensive than Top Loading washing machines. These are built with various automated features that most of the top-loading washing machines do not have. Front Loading Washing machines use very little water compared to top-loading washing machines. However, a front-loading washing machine is recommended when there are elders to operate the washing machine.
Front Loading washing machines are known for cleanest washing with the safest handling of clothes using much less water compared to Top Loaders.
There are a number of reputed brands for a washing machine. Among all, Bosch, LG & Whirlpool are the excellent in terms of performance, quality design and customer service. After-Sale Service is a very important factor for using a washing machine in optimum condition.
Now we are sure you can identify your specific requirements on which type of Washing Machine to Buy. Here, we have explained every detailed aspect of front load vs top load washing machines that can help the user choosing the right type of washing machine. Being an expensive product, you must know the differences and choose it wisely. In that way, you won’t regret buying it.
You May Also Like:
- All About Whirlpool 360 bloomwash Washing Machines
- Best Front Loading Washing Machines in India (Review & Buying Guide)
- Inverter Technology in Washing Machines
- How to clean a washing machine in the right way?
Soumya is the Editor-in-chief at Homeplace. Being an engineer by education with more than 6 years of working experience in various industries, he is an expert in this field of consumer products. Based on scientific analysis and research, he helps the Indian consumers with the best suggestions.
Last update on 2021-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API