If you love boiled eggs, having an Electric Kettle at your home can be a great advantage for you. Boiled eggs are a healthy food item that contains high protein and nutrition. By using an electric kettle, you can prepare different types of delicious boiled eggs. You can prepare fully-boiled eggs, half-boiled eggs, or poaches with the best electric kettle at your home.
To know how to boil eggs in an electric kettle, check the following step-by-step guide. In the end, you will learn to prepare a boiled egg with your favorite dish. But be cautious and do exactly as described.
step-by-step guide to boil eggs in Electric Kettle
1. Settle Eggs at room temperature
Take the eggs out of the fridge and let them settle at room temperature in your kitchen. If you want it to be faster, immerse the eggs in slightly warm water.
2. Prepare the Kettle
Fill the kettle with water so that the level of water should just cover up the eggs. Place the eggs inside the kettle properly and make sure that all of the eggs get immersed underwater. The number of eggs you can boil depends upon the capacity of the kettle.
3. Switch on the Kettle
Plug in the kettle to the power source and start it. As soon as the water starts boiling, the kettle will turn off. If you do not have an automated option available, boil it for 2 minutes. Take the eggs out after 1 more minute if you want it half-boiled. If you need fully boiled eggs, leave the eggs for 15 minutes in the hot water of the kettle after turning it off.
4. Cooling Down the Boiled Eggs
After you take out the eggs from the kettle, immerse them in cold water for 2 minutes. It will help you peel off the shell.
5. Prepare your favorite dish and serve
After peeling off the shells, prepare eggs with your favorite dish and serve. If you find the eggs did not boil well, keep them inside the kettle for 5 more minutes. It will definitely help you. In the following sections, you will learn more detailed about making half-boiled, hard-boiled eggs and poaches in an electric kettle.
How to prepare soft-boiled eggs in an electric kettle?
Do you love eating soft-boiled eggs? Well, it’s great to eat as an egg salad, with cheese or butter sprinkled with pepper, or just eating plain with a spread of salt. It is very convenient to cook soft-boiled through an electric kettle. Let’s see how.
1. Place the eggs in the kettle and fill them with water
- Pop up the lid and place the egg inside the kettle
- Don’t drop the egg or shake the kettle; the eggs shouldn’t break
- Don’t overcrowd the kettle with eggs; else they won’t cook evenly
- Be careful not to shake the kettle or allow the eggs to roll around to keep them from cracking.
2. Fill the eggs in the kettle with 2 inches of waters
- Hold the kettle firmly and fill it with cool water.
- Make sure you don’t toss the eggs much so that they don’t crack.
- Fill the kettle with 2 inches of water until the eggs get submerged.
- Use cool water so that the eggs don’t get overcooked.
3. Turn on the electric kettle and allow the water to boil
- Plugin the kettle and turn on the switch
- Wait till the water starts to boil and the kettle turns off automatically.
- If the kettle doesn’t turn off automatically once the water reaches a boil, turn it off manually when the water starts bubbling.
4. Remove eggs from the kettle & place them in cold water
- Fill a bowl with cold water and place it near the kettle.
- Use a pair of tongs or spoon to take the eggs out of the kettle.
- Gently place the eggs into a bowl of cold water.
- Ensure that the water in the bowl is chilled so that the eggs don’t continue to boil after you remove them.
5. Peel and eat soft-boiled eggs once they are cool to touch
- Take out the eggs from the bowl and start peeling the shells.
- Tap the top of the eggs lightly with a spoon to crack it.
- Use your fingers to peel shells on the eggs carefully.
- Continue to peel shells from the surface of the eggs until peeled off completely.
Now you can enjoy having a soft-boiled egg with a pinch of salt or crushed pepper. You have also had it as a delicious side dish with butter toast, pancake, sandwich, or a bowl of noodles or ramens.
The best way to cook hard-boiled eggs in a kettle
Hard-boiled eggs are delicious with some pinch of salt or cracked pepper. You can also try chopping them up into salad to add some more extra protein to your diet.
1. Place the eggs in the kettle and pour water into the kettle
- Gently placed the eggs inside the kettle.
- Make sure you don’t drop the eggs or shake the kettle.
- Pour the water into the kettle about 2 inches until the eggs are submerged.
- Make sure you use cold water.
- Avoid filling the kettle with more eggs; this will ensure that they cook evenly.
2. Switch on the kettle and let the water reach its boiling point
- Plugin the electric kettle and turn on the switch to start the kettle.
- Leave it undisturbed until the water reaches the boiling temperature.
- Once the water starts boiling, the kettle automatically gets turned off.
- If the kettle doesn’t automatically turn off, wait till the water starts bubbling and then manually turn it off.
3. Keep the eggs in the kettle for 15 minutes & immerse to cold water
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and let the egg soak in hot water and, cook.
- Pour cold water in a large or small bowl and place it near the kettle.
- After the timer goes off, use a pair of tongs to remove the eggs from the kettle.
- Place the removed eggs into the cold water kept next to the kettle for some time.
4. Peel the eggs after it is cool and enjoy them
- After soaking the eggs in a bowl of cool water for some time, you can remove them from the bowl and start peeling them off.
- The easy way to peel stubborn hard-boiled eggs is to tap their bottom a few times on a flat surface to crack them.
- Once it’s cracked, you can start removing the shell from the bottom.
- If a few shells are stuck on the eggs, hold eggs under running tap water and use your fingers to peel and loosen them.
- After peeling is complete, you can eat the eggs or place them in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for a week.
Making poached eggs with an electric kettle
Eating-boiled eggs for breakfast or as a snack is always good for your health. Poached eggs with toast taste entirely delicious and have a different taste. This makes your healthy breakfast complete. Follow these steps to make poached eggs with your electric kettle-
- Fill the kettle with 2 inches of water.
- Add in some salt.
- Add some splash of vinegar you use at home.
- Crack two eggs on a flat surface.
- Add the cracked eggs into a cup.
- Stir them gently.
- Slide them into the simmering water.
- For a firm yolk, boil the eggs for 4 minutes.
- For running yolk, cook them for 2 minutes.
- Please turn off the kettle and remove them from the hot water with a slotted spoon.
- Poached eggs are ready to serve. You can enjoy their flavour and original taste.
Tips to prepare boiled eggs in your electric kettle
Precautions to boil eggs in Electric Kettle
Egg boiling in Electric Kettle – Final Words
Electric Kettles are user-friendly and anyone can boil eggs taking the precautions we have mentioned above. If you are doing it for the first time, relax and follow the step-by-step process. Eventually, you may find that it is the easiest way to boil an egg with an electric kettle. Apart from preparing eggs, you can also boil milk in an electric kettle with proper precautions.