So you have a very green and healthy diet. The fruits and vegetables are all set to give your body the elements it needs to be healthy. But how to correctly extract all such nutrients for your intake?
For many, juicing and blending are the answers to that question. Modern designs of the juicers and blenders do allow you to extract all nutrients from the ingredients efficiently. But, of the two, which one is the better process?
Let’s find out as we pit juicing vs. blending.
What are the Differences Between Juicing and Blending?
|Juicing is ideal for preparing juices and shakes.||Blending is ideal for preparing shakes, pastes, chutneys, drinks, etc.|
|The juice loses most of the fiber from the fruits and vegetables.*||Fiber from fruits and vegetables get retained.|
|Juiced fruits can be digested well but not as much good as blended fruits.||Improved digestion than juicing as fiber is present.|
|High nutrient concentration.||Relatively low concentration of the nutrients.|
|You cannot add ice in a juicer.||You can add ice in a blender.|
|Lower concentration of antioxidants.*||A better concentration of antioxidants.|
|The pulp is leftover from juicing.*||No pulp is leftover from blending.|
* unless it is a cold press juicer.
Juicing – When Should you Prefer it over Blending?
Juice is regarded as a favorite drink in all corners of the world. Be it a tiring and hot day, or a hangout in the evening, a glass of juice makes it better. Not only is the drink tasty but healthy as well.
Modern juicers effectively make various kinds of juices for users. All you have to do is to add the ingredients. And the resultant will be a fresh pulp that is devoid of unwanted fibers that affect its texture.
Let’s take a look at the different types of juicing that you can opt for. The nature of the juicer defines the type of juicing that is done.
Types of Juicing
- Juicing using a masticating juicer: To be fair, masticating juicers are not quite popular. They have very slow speed and often produce bitter-tasting juice. This is as the device crushes the ingredients against a sharp screen. The resultant juice has a pulpy and foamy texture with a bitter taste. Furthermore, the device is quite hard to clean.
- Juicing using a twin gear juicer: As the name suggests, this juicer uses two gears. The ingredients are stunned, pulled in, and ultimately chewed up.
The juice produced has skins, seeds, and stems of the ingredients in it. Furthermore, the device is slow and expensive. Hence, customers do not favor this model much.
- Juicing using a centrifugal force juicer: This device is perhaps the fastest of the lot and is very common in households. Additionally, their low price appeals to the masses. This juicer passes the ingredients through a feeding tube into the fast-rotating blade. Although the juice doesn’t stay fresh for long, the working is very efficient.
- Juicing using a cold press juicer: This device slowly presses the ingredients and extracts the juice from them. It is relatively cheap to afford one, and the tool is easy to clean as well. That’s why most of the experts recommend juice from a cold press juicer. Also, the quality of the output produced is better than the other models.
Benefits of Juicing
Now, you might wonder, what is the benefit of juicing? Well, let’s take a look.
- All of us need to have vegetables and fruits in our diets. Now quite a few people hate eating them. The juice is an easy solution for them to get access to all there essential nutrients.
- There is no proof that drinking juice is healthier than eating fruits and vegetables. However, drinking a glass of juice is, without a doubt, a refreshing alternative.
- Juices generally have fewer calories than food. Incorporating juices in your diet can help you to lose weight.
- Beet, ginger, leafy vegetables, etc. when made into juices, provide a hefty and quick supply of vitamin B. This immediately boosts your energy levels.
- Regular drinking of green juices does decrease the toxins from your body. A healthy diet along with proper exercise is essential for additional benefits.
Application of Juicing Machines
Apart from juicing, your juicer is capable of quite a few things. There are quite a few non-juice recipes you can prepare using your juicer. Ice cream, hummus, tomato sauce, etc. fall under this list.
- A juicer is ideal for preparing baby foods.
- You can also make nut oils using your juicer. The cold press variant is ideal for this.
- A juicer can efficiently process frozen foods as well.
Tips for Juicing
Everyone can use a few tips when it comes to juicing. Here are some for you.
- When adding the fruits and vegetables in the juicer, skin them, and remove the seeds. While the skins of some ingredients are edible, that of orange, for instance, is not.
- Always wash the ingredients well before adding them to the juicer. Once the juice is processed, there is no turning back.
- Do not add fruits like coconuts or avocados. They are not juicy and are best eaten dry. Similarly, juicing a pineapple drains it of all its nutrients.
- Never add ice in your juicer. It can damage the blades.
Now that we have learned a lot about juicing, you must be wondering, which juicer can be suitable for you. The current trend shows an inclination towards the centrifugal force and the cold press juicers.
While the first one delivers your juice fast, the latter one provides excellent quality. The speed of a centrifugal juicer generates heat, which affects the juice. This heat is noticeably absent in the working of a cold-press juicer, although the process is slower. Some persons also prefer a juicer mixer grinder that can be used for all 3 purposes- juicing, mixing and grinding.
Recommended Juicing Machines:
Blending – When Should You Prefer it Over Juicing?
When we talk about juicing vs. blending, blending is the healthier alternative. You can easily make a paste or a smoothie by blending.
Much like a juicer, a blender makes it easy for you to blend the ingredients. The contemporary models perform their operations efficiently.
There is no doubt that blending is an easy way to add green to your diet. Let’s take a look at some of the different types of blending you can avail of.
Types of Blending
- Blending using a portable blender: A portable blender is lightweight in design with a clear glass tube. The blade is present with the motor at the base of the device.
This blender is an easy solution in processing your ingredients faster and on the go. Make baby foods anywhere and have your shakes ready at the gym.
- Blending using a countertop blender: A countertop blender is the best choice for making drinks. Large capacity and different speed settings allow you to prepare diverse beverages in varying quantities. However, the bulky nature of the device adds to its high price. Otherwise, this is the perfect device for family get-togethers and parties.
- Blending using a hand blender: A hand blender needs no introduction. This device efficiently beats the ingredients against each other. Modern versions of the device are effortless to clean and operate. You also get multiple attachments that make it relatively more versatile than a simple eggbeater.
- Blending using a nutri blender: When it comes to blending, a nutri blender is the jack of all trades. You can efficiently prepare juices, smoothies, pastes, chutneys, baby foods, etc. using the device. Furthermore, varying sizes and capacities are available for the appliance. Based on your requirement, you can select the ideal speed as well.
While there are other blending types available, these 4 are the primary ones. Now, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of blending your food.
Benefits of Blending
- There are many benefits of adding greens to your diet. Blending them is an easy and healthy solution for the same.
- A common way to lose weight is by reducing your hunger. Blending vegetables allows you to intake the high-calorie ingredients as much as you like.
- The fiber present in your fruits and vegetables helps keep your blood sugar levels under check. Blending the ingredients helps retain these fibers.
- The absence of oil or fat from blending allows you to keep your weight under check.
- As mentioned before, incorporating blended food into your diet satisfies your hunger by eating less food. You can make use of this and add more healthy food in your diet without the fear of gaining weight.
Application of Blending machines
Much like the juicers, blenders, too, have a variety of uses. Some of them are as mentioned below.
- You can quickly process baby food using a blender. Just add the ingredients and the cereal, and in no time, it is ready.
- Apart from preparing juices and shakes, you can use your blender to prepare batters and chutneys. Preparing refreshing drinks using a blender is also popular.
- You can easily make body scrubs and lotions using a blender as well. However, proceed with this only if the blender is easily cleanable.
- Fresh butter, applesauce, pancakes are standard everyday products that you can make using a blender.
- Simply adding wheat berries or stable sugar in your blender and processing produces flour and powdered sugar.
Tips for Blending
Finally, here are a few tips for you when you use a blender.
- Never add hot boiling liquids, hard frozen foods, coffee beans, and mashed potatoes in your blender. These ingredients damage the blades and provide faulty results from the processing.
- When using the device, keep your hands and fingers out of it. The blades can seriously injure you.
- Use the blender for a short time and repeat it. Long blending periods put a load on the motor and ultimately damages it.
- Do not add foods at extreme temperatures i.e., boiling or stiff frozen in your blender. Wait for them to reach an average temperature before processing them.
Of all the different blenders available in the market, customers prefer the hand blender and the nutri blender. The hand blender provides easy handling and the best results.
The nutri blender, on the other hand, is versatile in its uses. Be it refreshing drinks at a party or blended ingredients for your diet; a Nutri blender can prepare it. Furthermore, both devices are relatively cheap.
Recommended Blending Machines:
Juicing Vs Blending – Conclusion
The definite winner in juicing vs blending is entirely up to the requirement. Both the processes are versatile and benefit our daily lives. Depending on your requirements, you have to pick the ideal one.
Next, choose the ideal product of your choice. Adequate research is essential for a perfect decision. Go through this article for the same and take the next step in making your life healthy.
- Best Hand Mixers in India (Review & Buying Guide)
- Best Stand Mixers in India (Everything You Need To Know)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mixer Grinders
- Important Uses of a Mixer Grinder
Soumya is the Editor-in-chief at Homeplace. Being an engineer by education with more than 6 years of working experience in various industries, he is an expert in this field of consumer products. Based on scientific analysis and research, he helps the Indian consumers with the best suggestions.
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API