It has successfully produced light bulbs for kitchenwares—of course, and I am talking about Philips. Gerald Philips established this mega-company in 1891. Then onwards, the venture focusing on various industries began.
Fast forward to the 21st century, Philips can beat any other company at large. Almost two centuries apart, the company has emerged to its very peak. Major successes like this require customer credibility. They have gained that through years of turmoil and customer services.
Without further ado, let’s focus on an essential Philip’s product. Philips viva collection hd4938 01 induction cooktop is our review topic which is, eventually, one of the best induction cooktops to buy in India.
Twenty-four hours preset timer, 2100W energy consumption are some of its highlights. This cooktop is all about valuable features. Let’s take a closer look.
Key Features of Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 Induction Cooktop
- It works at the highest power of 2100W
- It has a preset timer of up to 24 hours
- The cooking menu ranges up to 10 preset menus
- Superior quality glass with a premium finish makes up the panel
- Sensor touch keys along with feather touch options are available
- The stove has a cool to touch surface
- Error codes like e1, e2, etc. trigger when danger befalls
- The indicator light turns on when you press any cooking mode
- It has a sleek and smooth surface
- Auto-switch off function triggers during irregularities
Cooktop size, weight, and space requirement in kitchen
It is a sleek cooktop of 3 kg 60 g. Due to its superior build, it is lighter. Although the cooker has all the vital features, it is portable.
29.2 x 39.2 x 6.8 Centimeters length, width, and height are its measurement. The portability factor is not for traveling necessarily. Think about it, with a suitable size you will enjoy using it. As it takes lesser space, it does not clutter the place. You can focus on cooking now.
- 0 to 3 hours time setting
- 10 preset menus for different Indian recipies
- 24 hours preset timer function for delayed cooking
- High quality full glass panel for premium finish and easy cook
- Sensor touch keys for ease of use
Design of Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 Induction Cooktop
Philips viva collection hd4938 01 induction cooktop is a blast. You get to choose from a set of compatible cookware for cooking. These must be the features of the cookware sets that you will cook in:
- This cooktop caters to all forms of vessels within 12-20cm diameter.
- Generally, it prefers a container with a stainless steel or iron bottom.
- Vessels must weigh within 8kg.
Also, it would help if you avoided these kinds of utensils:
- Stainless Steel Pots, Water Jugs, Rice Cookers
- Cast Iron Frying Pots, Oil boiling Pots, and Color Pots
- Grilling Iron Plate
- Vessels with non-iron and aluminum bottoms
- Concave or concave bottom cookware surpassing the 12-20cm diameter range
- A full glass panel with a premium finish prevents the cooktop from external harm.
- You can comfortably cook due to the large cooking surface.
- Using incompatible cookware is not recommended, but with special arrangements and precautionary measures, you can use a non-induction cookware with this cooktop.
Control panel and Preset Cooking Menu
Press on to the sensor touch keys and enjoy cooking. Feather touch buttons make your cooking fruitful. You can adjust the warmth by pressing on the plus and minus symbols as well.
Other than temperature control, the automatic timer is available. Take a rest of up to 24 hours through the automatic timer. Hence, you can cook even if you fall sick. For shorter emergencies, press the pause button. Attend a call or check the doorbell by just pausing and restarting.
Among the ten preset cooking menus you get:
- The Indian cuisines like Dosa, idli, chapati, and gravy
- Other general cooking needs like boiling water/milk
- Reheating and frying like deep fry and shallow fry
The stove entertains indicator lights to ease your cooking voyage. Whenever you press on a desirable menu, the light will be on. Similarly, there is a Sim indicator. It is a durable package with overwhelming features made of durable glass.
Power Requirement of Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01
Philips viva collection hd4938 01 induction cooktop utilizes a maximum of 2100W of power, one of the sturdiest cooktops that endorse efficiency. Such a high wattage boosts the operation speed. Place the socket inside the main plug point. Now, your cooktop will work smoothly. It comes with a longer cord that makes it user-friendly.
Along with that, this cooktop runs on a regular 220 V of power and a regular plug point.
Safety features of Philips HD4938/01 Induction Cooker
The stove triggers various error codes like e1, e2…e9 during a malfunction. In a drastic situation, the auto-off switch will operate. You would be safe from electrical hazards that way. It triggers when the voltage is 120±5V or higher than 280±5V. Thus, it acts as a voltage regulator. Similarly, if you place unsuitable utensils on it, it will operate. So, any irregularity will trigger these functions.
While the cooktop is working, click on plus and minus signs at the same time. This way, protective child lock will start functioning. Your toddler can roam around the kitchen without any danger.
With a cool-to-touch surface, you can safely handle the induction. It cools down the cooker surface that way.
Cooking performance of Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01
Thanks to the 24 hours prior set timer, you can cook even while sleeping. Yes, Philips viva collection hd4938 01 induction cooktop is that efficient. So, that means you save all of your time. Select your needful dishes from the ten menus. These options minimalize your kitchen time. Manual pre-heating and cooking options make it a savior. As this induction cooktop works on 2100W power, the cooking speed increases drastically.
Ease of using Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 Induction Cooktop
It is an effective cooktop for all kinds of users—the indicator light highlights which mode is in action. Hence, you can easily understand the cooktop.
An easy-going and straightforward panel helps you operate the cooktop. Sensory touch keys and feather touch buttons add to the easiness. You can even pause the induction during emergencies.
Cleaning and Maintenance Requirements
Philips viva collection hd4938 01 induction cooktop is made of supreme glass. A glass surface is less prone to dust. Regular use can cause stain marks, but a sleek surface prevents this. Cool to touch surface allows you to clean with a damp cloth. Voila! Now you can store and maintain so easily.
PROs and CONs of Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 Induction Stove
- 2100W power tremendously increases the cooking rate.
- You can use the 24 hours timer to take a break from cooking.
- Ten preset menus with Indian cooking option provides a huge variety.
- It is durable due to the Superior quality glass panel.
- Sensor touch keys increase the user experience.
- cool to touch surface saves you from thermal mishaps.
- The error code holds you, and your machine is safe from electrical dangers.
- You can efficiently operate the device with an indicator light.
- A sleek and smooth surface allows you easy cleaning.
- Auto-switch off function saves the cooktop from internal damage.
- The cord length of the cooker is comparatively shorter.
- It is expensive.
- The weight is a bit on the higher side.
Bottom Line – Should you choose this induction cooktop?
With technical advancement, you should not fall behind. Revamp your kitchen with this gorgeous stove.
Philips viva collection hd4938 01 induction cooktop is the need of the hour. It has several features that are unavailable in other cooktops. From pausing to cooking at ease, the gadget is just brilliant.
Use up the system to cook your favorite dishes amazingly. Philips Viva ensures the joy of cooking. Our review is enough to prove that.
Go for the cooker if you crave comfort!
Alternative Induction Cooktops
- Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 Induction Cooktop
- Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 Induction Cooktop
- Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop
- Pigeon By Stovekraft Cruise Induction Cooktop
- Prestige PIC 16.0+ 1900 Watt Induction Cooktop
Last update on 2022-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API