Everyone loves homemade delicacies. It would help if you fetched a portable cooker to fulfill this requirement. Prestige is a well-renowned Indian company providing kitchen solutions. With the experience of 35 years, this company stands for quality kitchen utensils.
Prestige PIC 20 induction cooktop comes with the perfect solution for your needs. In this review of Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop, you will know the in-depth details about the design, performance, cooking efficiency, ease of use, and needs of maintenance.
An excellent voltage regulator allows you to maintain electricity. For tasty food preparations, there is an Indian menu option. This appliance saves electricity efficiently as well.
It automatically adjusts the heat and temperature based upon the dish. With an anti-magnetic wall, you can cook healthy dishes. It is an eco-friendly and easily maintainable gadget.
Undoubtedly, Prestige PIC 20.0 is a remarkable gadget to save time and energy making it one of the best induction cooktops in India. Scroll to know more!
Key Features of Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop
- It cooks with 100, 300, 500, 1000, 1100, 1200 watts of power.
- There is an automatic power-off system to improve safety.
- The control panel has a digital display with the menu, temperature and power buttons.
- Dual heat sensors stop overheating and make the cooking environment safe.
- It has an anti-magnetic wall that limits magnetic radiation.
- Aerodynamic cooling fans cool the machine after use.
- Automatic voltage regulators will regulate the cooker during voltage fluctuation.
- Different cooking menus, including Indian menus option, are present.
- Smooth and sleek design that aids in cleaning properly.
- Content: Prestige Induction Cooktop-Pic 20.0
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit. Extended Cooling Sysytem
- Voltage: 230V, Wattage: 1600Watt
- Note: Kindly refer to 6th and 7th Image for error codes and their respective solutions
- Troubleshooting guidelines: Works only with Induction base cookware- bottom diameter between 12cm-26cm
Size, Space Requirement and Portability
It has a length of 34 cm length, a width of 29 cm, and a height of 6 cm. Such a size makes it comfortable to use. That is the reason why it does not acquire much space. You can store it anywhere in your kitchen.
The portability factor depends upon an instrument’s weight. Prestige PIC induction cooktop weighs just 2.2 kg. Due to a low-weight matrix, you can carry it anywhere. You can pack this cooker and take it while traveling.
Design of Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop
Prestige PIC 20 1200Watt induction cooktop has a sleek cooking surface. It is smooth and plain. Hence, you are free to carry and store it as you like.
Other than the portability factor, you can similarly cook in any utensil. But the cooktop works fine with cookware of 12cm-26cm size, provided that the utensil is induction-friendly. That is the usual size of utensils so that you can choose your preferred one. The Prestige Omega Deluxe and Omega Die-cast Plus non-stick induction base cookware are perfect to use with it. Remember, the cookware must be made of ferromagnetic material with a flat bottom surface. But it is not compatible with ceramic, clay, aluminum, and copper base cookware.
Also, the cooker surface is built with durable ceramic material. That’s why you can entirely rely on it to work for years. With a copper coil for induction, the dangers of electrocution are erased and more life is attained for induction cooking. The overall design of the cooktop makes it user-friendly.
The Control panel and Cooking Menu
The Control panel of the Prestige PIC 20 1200-Watt induction cooktop has valuable options. Let’s see all of them! There are Push buttons to control the temperature. Using them, you have the liberty to cook as you like.
Prestige PIC 20 induction cooktop automatically adjusts the temperature and powers according to the menu. So, you need not fret about overcooking your meals. Instead, you can quickly cook with several cooking modes available such as:
- Heat milk mode: Suitable for heating milk as it will work at 500 watts for 20 minutes. You can change the timer accordingly.
- Deep fry mode: Perfect for frying at a high temperature of 200 degrees centigrade.
- Dosa/chapatti mod: You can switch to this mood while cooking roti/dosa on a Tawa. Unlike other modes, you are prohibited from varying the temperature and timer.
- Saut mode: Default operation starts at 1200 Watts. You can saute any dish. Similarly, you can change the timer.
- Idli mode: This mode starts operating at a 10 minutes timer. But you can change the timer settings to make idlis.
- Pressure cook mode: Best fit for pressure cooking as it commences operating at 1100 Watts.
- Curry mode: Since it begins operating at 800 watts power so curries can be prepared effectively.
After you switch on the device, activities and functions appear on display. You can easily navigate using them.
You can set the timer on this stove. Just select the timer/set option. Then select the plus/minus sign to increase/decrease the timing by a minute. You can surge or lower the timing by 10 minutes. Just hold the timer button for long. A maximum of 3 hours of cooking is possible with this appliance.
Power Requirement of Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop
Induction cooker wattage is an important factor to know the range of cooking and its efficiency. The wattage range for Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop is 100W-1200W, which is basic but perfect for cooking a variety of dishes. In addition, such an efficient power intake saves your electricity bills. So, it is good for both cooking and power saving. You can set the following seven powers on Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooker as per your cooking requirements-
- 100 W
- 300 W
- 500 W
- 800 W
- 1000 W
- 1100 W
- 1200 W
The power cord is around 90 cm long which is standard but not very long. The plug point needs to be installed near the cooktop.
Safety Features of Prestige PIC 20 Induction Stove
It has two heat sensors that protect overheating and renders thermal safety. Also, there is a cooling system in prestige PIC 20 1200 watt induction cooktop. The cooling fans cool down the appliance after usage. So, no thermal accidents will occur that way. Another feature that makes it a safety pack is a voltage regulator. The gadget automatically adjusts the voltage during fluctuations.
Cooking performance of Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop
Thanks to the magnetic field generated while cooking, you can cook evenly. When you switch on the prestige PIC 20 1200 watt induction cooktop, a magnetic field passes. This field will heat the utensil quickly. So, you can cook at a faster pace.
This cooker loses a negligible amount of heat while cooking as it provides direct heating. Thus, the cooking efficiency increases due to the magnetic field produced.
Altogether, it has a higher cooking efficiency than other cooktops.
Ease of using the cooktop
There are several cooking modes like pressure cooker mode, sauté mode, etc. In addition, you can also choose specific Indian cooking options like dosa/chapati, curry, and deep fry modes. Hence, it is easy for a novice to use.
All the features are easily distinguishable with proper naming and sections. You can always check the user manual to have a better understanding.
Cleaning and maintenance of Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop
PIC 20 induction cooktop has a flat and sleek surface for cooking. You can clean the stove easily because of such premium materials. This unique surface also aids in displacing the cooktop as needed.
Furthermore, since it supports flame-free cooking, it has no stain marks. Hence, the device provides high convenience while storing and maintaining. Follow these simple steps to clean and maintain Prestige’s PIC 20 Induction Cooktop-
- Before starting, switch off the cooktop and remove the power plug from the electrical outlet.
- Make sure the surface of the appliance is cool. Use a moist cloth to clean the Prestige PIC induction cooktop surface and control panel.
- To clean stains, first, wipe the surface with a damp cloth, then use a mild detergent with a sponge to clean the surface. Do not use a steel scrubber, otherwise, the cooktop will get scratches.
- In this process, never immerse the cooktop in water as it will damage all the electrical circuits.
Benefits and limitations of Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop
Like every induction cooktop, Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop has also some advantages and disadvantages that needs your attention.
Pros of Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop
- The feather touch button sheaths the cooktop from water damage.
- The stove switches off automatically when it is sitting idle, preventing any accident.
- You can operate efficiently using the push button,
- Two heat sensors shield the cooktop from overheating
- Due to the anti-magnetic wall, you get healthy meals
- The aerodynamic cooling mechanism will prevent any thermal damage
- You can save power with the automatic voltage regulators
- Cleaning the stove is easy because of flat and smooth surface
- Efficient cooking is possible because of the Indian cooking options
- It is an eco-friendly appliance since it cooks without using flames
Cons of Prestige PIC 20.0 Induction Cooktop
- It cannot work beyond 1200 W, so cooking options are limited.
- The cooktop has push buttons only. You cannot control it by feather touch or gesture.
- It cannot cook for large families as the power intake is less.
Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop – The Bottom Line
In the prestige PIC 20.0 1200 watt induction cooktop review, I have highlighted all the essential points. It is the best choice at a budget price.
Other than cooking, the machine is highly portable. You and your family are protected from any electrical damage. In addition, maintenance is hassle-free because of the sleek design.
Prestige PIC 20 1200 watt induction cooktop is the perfect fit if you want a user-friendly cooker.
Alternative induction cooktops
- Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 Induction Cooktop
- Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 Induction Cooktop
- Pigeon By Stovekraft Cruise Induction Cooktop
- Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 Induction Cooktop
- Prestige PIC 16.0+ 1900 Watt Induction Cooktop
Last update on 2022-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API