In the modern-day, anything that saves time and effort is highly appreciated. A microwave oven falls in that category of appliances. Using microwave technology, these ovens are capable of cooking food much faster. The appliance is ideal for tasks that needlessly can consume time in the kitchen, like melting butter, heating water, etc.
Now, there are different types of microwave ovens available. For this article, we will take a look at the solo, grill, and convection microwave ovens.
Before we compare solo, grill, and convection microwave ovens it must be mentioned that each of these models is an upgrade of sorts on the previous one. Each has added features in their design which makes them more expensive and versatile than the preceding type.
If you are thinking about buying a microwave oven, you need to do your proper homework about the different types available along with their pros and cons. This assessment will be vital in helping you decide on a variant.
This article is intended to help you in that purpose by providing the necessary information about the difference between a solo, grill, and convection microwave oven. Additionally, a suitable recommendation has been made for each type based on popular users’ feedback.
Comparison of Solo, Grill and Convection Microwave Oven
|Parameter||Solo microwave oven||Grill microwave oven||Convection microwave oven|
|Use||Used for basic microwave operations like cooking, reheating, defrosting.||Used for the basic operations along with grilling.||Can perform all the functionalities of a grill variant, along with baking, roasting, browning, etc.|
|Cost||Less expensive.||More expensive than a solo microwave oven.||Most expensive of the three.|
|Compatibility||Metal utensils cannot be used.||Metal utensils cannot be used.||Metal utensils can be used.|
|Working||Uses microwaves for heating the cavity.||Uses microwaves for heating the cavity.||Uses both hot air and microwaves for heating the cavity.|
|Heat Control||Temperature cannot be controlled in most models.||Temperature cannot be controlled in most models.||Most models are provided with temperature control options.|
Before buying a microwave, these typical factors must be considered. Now let us check details of these features along with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
The Solo Microwave Oven
A solo microwave oven can be deemed as the simplest form of microwave ovens. If you are looking to use the appliance for the basic microwave needs like defrosting, reheating, and cooking, a solo microwave oven is an ideal choice for you.
- It is the ideal microwave for reheating and defrosting of food.
- A solo microwave oven can be used to perform basic cooking that does not involve roasting, baking, etc.
- It can be used to set the time of the entire cooking process as per the convenience of the user.
- Users can safely use microwave-proof glass or plastic utensils for cooking when using the solo microwave oven.
- Compared to the other microwave oven types, a solo microwave oven is the least expensive, making it suitable for many families.
- A solo microwave oven has limited cooking options that are devoid of baking, roasting, etc.
- The users should not use metal utensils when working with a solo microwave oven. Only microwave-proof utensils are safe to use.
Based on the popular user feedback, the Samsung 23-litre Solo Microwave Oven is quite popular with the customers. The product has a 23-liter capacity which makes it ideal for families of 3 to 4 members. Additionally, child-lock, tact buttons, and jog dials further decorate the device. A 1-year warranty is provided on the product along with a 10-year guarantee on the cavity.
A Grill Microwave Oven
A grill microwave oven is essentially an upgrade on the solo microwave oven. Apart from all the operations of a solo microwave oven, this variant can grill foods as well. For the grill operation, the grilling trays are provided with the product as well by some manufacturers.
- This microwave oven is mostly preferred when one wants to grill food exclusively using a microwave.
- It can even be used to perform the basic microwave needs like reheating, defrosting, etc.
- Like all other microwave ovens, you can use a grill microwave oven to set the time of the cooking as per your convenience. Some models even allow users to set the temperature.
- Ideal if one wants to use their microwave for grilling food.
- You can combine the different cooking and grilling options for your cooking process. All models have multiple cooking options along with the grilling.
- It cannot be used to bake or roast food.
- Metal utensils cannot be used when working with a grill microwave oven.
Among all the different grill microwave ovens available in the market, users find the Bajaj 20-litre Grill Microwave Oven ideal for use. The capacity of the oven is ideal for bachelors or even a family of 2 to 3 members.
Jog dials are provided for easy handlings of the appliance while a 30-minutes cooking time alarm is provided as well. Users can use the product in a combination of different cooking operations along with the grilling. A 1-year warranty is provided on the product.
The Convection Microwave Oven
The difference between solo, grill, and convection microwave oven is most prominent in the case of a convection microwave oven. This type of microwave oven is an upgrade on both the previous ones in that it is capable of performing many more cooking operations and it uses both hot air and microwaves for the cooking.
- It can be used to grill, bake, and roast food. Users can even use it for making the food browner and crispier.
- It can be used to perform basic microwave operations like reheating and defrosting as well.
- It can be used to cook with metal utensils as well as microwave-proof ones.
- A user can easily roast, bake, and grill your food along with the basic microwave oven operation. The variant is even capable of making brown and crisp foods.
- Since it uses both the microwave and hot air, the cavity is heated pretty fast, which significantly reduces the cooking time.
- A convection microwave oven is pretty expensive to afford.
- One disadvantage of using a convection microwave oven would be one that is the same for all variants. You can only cook one dish at a time using the appliance.
It is apparent from the details that a convection microwave oven is the most versatile one of the three. The IFB 20-litre Microwave Oven is an ideal choice if you are looking to buy one. The capacity is ideal for small families.
The product has 24 auto cook menu options along with child lock features. For the controls, a touch-keypad is provided. You can control both the time and temperature of the cooking. A 1-year warranty is provided on the product along with a 3-year warranty on the cavity.
That is all the information you need if you want to compare the features and effectiveness of the solo grill and convection microwave oven. Based on this information, it will be easier for you to make a judgment about which product to purchase.
The recommendations provided in the article have garnered a lot of positive feedback for their performance and features. You can go for these options as well.
You May Also Like
- Microwave Oven or Air Frier: Which is better for Home Use?
- OTG vs Microwave Oven: Find out which suits the requirements most