Using a mixer grinder has been very popular among Indian households in the present day. In the old times, people used to mix and grind spices and herbs by hand. But now it has become very easy with a mixer grinder.
Having a mixer grinder at your home does not only ease your hard times but also opens up a wide door to prepare powdered spices, pastes, batter for Dosa/ Idly and even chutneys. You should not confuse the operation with that of a food processor.
If you are planning to buy a mixer grinder, you must know the proper uses of it. In this article, you will learn to use it in 6 different ways effectively.
Mixer Grinder: Uses in India
1. Powdered Spices and Herbs
Spices like Black Pepper, Chilli, Coriander, Cumin/ Jeera, Dry Ginger, Haldi, Garam Masala are essentials for our regular kitchen use. Some of you may also have fond of Herbs like Amla, Ashwagandha. With a mixer grinder in your hands, these herbs and spices can be powdered easily. So, why pay for the overpriced packeted powders? You can save a lot of money by doing this at home without losing the nutritional value of the herbs and spices.
2. Pastes and Purées
Depending on the food recipe, pastes of ginger, garlic, tomato, onion and other vegetables are sometimes needed for cooking. With a mixer grinder, you can prepare all these in a minute without any hassle. The preparation of mouth-watering Purées can also be done with it. Using a mixer grinder can save your time and ease the struggle to make the perfect recipe. Though a hand mixer or stand mixer can perform these operations, a mixer grinder can be of all-in-one use.
3. Batter for Idly/ Dosa, Pitha, Dal Bada
If you are fond of the taste of Idly or Dosa, you should definitely try a mixer grinder. With the help of the right blades and speed settings, you can prepare the batter in no time. A mixer grinder can also be used to make rice cake and batter for delicious Pithas. Apart from these food items, Dal Badas can also be prepared using a mixer grinder.
4. Fruit Juices & Smoothies
Who does not have a crush with the taste of a mango, orange or apple juice? Some experts advise that an adult should consume 200 ml of fruit juice every day. But without a juicing device, it is difficult to do so. For juicing, a mixer grinder may not be perfect as a cold press juicer but it is good and effective for regular use. Some manufacturers also include a juicer system in their mixer grinder models to make it perform at the peak.
5. Chutneys & Sauces
We Indians love chutneys and sauces with the flavorful snacks and dishes. Be it mayonnaise, coriander, Pudina or coconut chutney, everything can be done in a mixer grinder. Indian dishes like Cutlet, Kebab or Tandoor are incomplete without a chutney at the side. Some brands include a special container for making chutneys. This SUJATA Powermatic Plus 3 Jar-Juicer Mixer Grinder can be used for general purpose as well as for making juices and chutneys.
6. Powdered Sugar
If you want to make icing and frosting decorations on luscious cakes or cookies, then you must have a mixer grinder. Normal sugar with bigger granules can be ground to a powder with the application of suitable rotation inside a mixie. This saves your pocket from buying packeted powder sugar separately that cost extra money.
7. Chicken/ Mutton Keema
Apart from the regular applications, a mixer grinder can also be used for several other purposes. The first one of such use is making chicken and mutton keema. If you are non-vegetarian then you would definitely love this. The taste and joy of having homemade keema with roti or chapati are incomparable.
How to use a Mixer Grinder in the right way?
There are some certain benefits and drawbacks of a mixer grinder. If you are a first time user or want to improve your mixing and grinding skill, you must learn to use it efficiently with proper safety.
- Before you start, select a suitable location where the operation is to be done. The place has to be free of obstacles and a power source should be nearby it. Make sure the cable does not stay under tension.
- Arrange all the essentials including the mixer grinder, blades, containers and all other materials in one place from where you can easily handle all these.
- Generally, 3 types of blades come with a mixer grinder- one each for soft, hard and dry materials. Attach the suitable blade to the mixing jar and fit it on the mixer.
- Put the necessary raw materials inside and make sure it stays above the blade height for efficient performance.
- Cover up the jar with the lid given with the mixing jar.
- Next, plug in the cord of the mixer to the power source and switch it on. The switch of the plug point should be near to your hands so that in any case of emergency, you can shut it down.
- Select the lowest speed from the dial on the mixer from the “off” position. As soon as you move the dial, the mixer will start rotating its blade. We recommend holding the lid of the container with the left hand (if you are a right-handed person) and free up the right hand to operate the mixer.
- Depending on your recipe, gradually speed up the rotation and take a break after every 5 minutes by moving the knob to the starting position. It will help the high-speed motor to cool down and run efficiently. During this off-state, you may like to remove the lid and check the situation. But do not take out the container and never put your fingers closer to the blades to avoid an accident.
- Once the task is completed, rotate the knob again to zero-position. But do not remove the container from the top of the mixie yet as a safety precaution.
- Next, switch the mixer grinder off from the switchboard and draw out the plug of the cable. In this time take out the container from the mixie and enjoy it.
You May Also Like:
Last update on 2020-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API