Making Chicken 65 is quite easy if you follow the right recipe. This deep fried spicy chicken recipe has been popular among Indians for its flavoursome taste. It is ideal as a starter or snack for your family and friends.
What is Chicken 65?
Chicken 65 is a deep fried delicious chicken recipe originated in India. This dish was first prepared at Hotel Buhari by A. M. Buhari in Tamil Nadu, South India.
Today Chicken 65 is not only popular in India, but also being praised all over the world for its flavourful taste. We often love to have this mouth-watering starter dish from multi-cuisine restaurants. The taste may slightly vary in different locations because of the local food-habits.
Why is chicken 65 called so?
There are different theories about why a chicken 65 recipe is called "chicken 65". One popular story is that Chicken 65 became popular as a simple chicken starter meal for Indian soldiers in the year of 1965.
Other stories are downright bizarre: the chicken is marinated for 65 days; it is made from 65-day-old chickens; a chicken is cut into 65 pieces; a chef once added 65 chillies to the recipe to make it super spicy and so forth.The Hindu
Here, you will learn to make chicken 65 at your home with the following recipe.
Chicken 65 Recipe
- Kitchen Weighing Scale
- Mixer Grinder
- Kitchen Knife
- Kitchen Chimney
- Gas Stove or Induction Cooktop
- Frying Pan
- 400 grams Boneless Chicken
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tbsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Refined Flour
- ½ tbsp Corn Flour
- ½ tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 2 pcs Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Cashew Nuts
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tbsp Chopped Onion/ Spring Onion
- ½ handful Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- Cut medium-sized boneless chicken slices (400 grams).
- Add Salt (as per requirement), Black Pepper Powder (¼ tsp) , Turmeric Powder (¼ tsp), Coriander Powder (½ tsp), Cumin Powder (½ tsp), Kashmiri Red Chili Powder (½ tsp), Garam Masala (½ tsp), Garlic Paste (½ tbsp), Ginger Paste (½ tbsp), Lemon Juice (1 tbsp) to the chicken and mix throughly. You can use a juicer mixer grinder or a normal mixer grinder to make the pastes of garlic and ginger.
- Add Refined Flour (1 tbsp), Corn Flour (½ tbsp), Rice Flour (½ tbsp) to the mixture and mix well.
- Add an egg to the ingredients and mix again to coat all the chicken pieces with marination.
- Cover the container and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken slices and fry them properly till they get a brown color. After completion, take them out of the Kadai.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil on a heated pan. When the oil is heated, add 1 tbsp chopped garlic and saute it for a minute.
- Put 2 chopped chillies, 1 tbsp Chopped Onion or Spring Onion, ½ handful curry leaves and 1 tbsp cashew nuts. Then saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, 1 tbsp chilli sauce, 1 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp lemon juice and ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder to the ingredients. Then fry it on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the fried chickens in this mixture with a little sliced onion. Mix the chicken well in the sauce mixture to make chicken 65.
Estimated Nutrition in Chicken 65
Chicken 65 is easy to make with proper ingredients. The above recipe is good for preparing it at home as well as in commercial spaces. You can add special flavours based on your taste to make it more delicious. For example, you can add a little red or yellow capsicum to make it more spicy. You can reduce the amount of tomato sauce and add more chilli sauce if you like.
Now, it is time to make Chicken 65 with the recipe! Let us know if you have a query.