Understanding the electricity bill is a tedious task for many Indians. All of us own multiple home appliances in our homes. When planning to buy a new home appliance, we must check how much electricity it consumes.
To help people understand the electrical efficiency of their homes and its monetary implications, we have built this online electricity consumption calculator. Simply fill up the details in the boxes and click the “calculate power consumption” button to compute the electricity usage.
This online energy consumption and electricity bill calculator will help you estimate the power requirement and its cost daily, monthly, and yearly.
Check other Calculators:
- AC Power Consumption Calculator
- Air Flow Rate Calculator for Fan, AC and Air Cooler
- Kitchen Chimney Installation Height Calculator
How To Use This Power Consumption Calculator?
- Check any home appliance’s rated power (watts) on its label and put it in the first box on the calculator. For example, a ceiling fan has a rated power in the range of 35-80 watts. You can also sum up the total wattage of various home appliances and put it in the box to calculate the home power consumption in India.
- After completing the previous step, put the duration of use in the next box.
- Choose an efficiency for your appliance. For a typical new home appliance, it is usually around 90%, but with time, the equipment becomes less efficient.
- Now, click on the “Calculate Power Consumption” button. The calculator will show you power consumption and electricity bill on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
What Benefits Can You Get From This Energy Calculator?
- Understanding which home appliance consumes how much electricity from this power consumption calculator allows you to plan your power requirement and usage more efficiently.
- You can also get an overall idea of how much electricity your home appliances like fan, lights, air conditioner, refrigerator, TV, and washing machine consume.
- Get daily, monthly and yearly estimations of power consumption with a click.
How to Calculate Electricity Consumption at Home?
Every electrical appliance in the market comes with a rated wattage or operational power range in watts. Some appliances allow the user to change the power depending on the requirement.
The actual wattage of common household appliances should be within the range of power mentioned in the above table. Thus, with new innovations, the home appliance brands constantly upgrade their products, focussing on power-saving solutions.
To calculate power consumption in India, you must know that the consumed electricity depends mostly on two factors-
- The wattage of the appliance
- Run time
By multiplying these two factors, we can get the theoretical power consumption by the appliance.
Power Consumption= Wattage*Run Time
But the actual consumed power can vary from the rated wattage because of the machine’s efficiency. New appliances usually run with approximately 90% efficiency. With time, natural deterioration starts in various parts of the machine. It results in decreasing efficiency of the appliance. Therefore, you need proper cleaning and maintenance to keep the efficiency up. To calculate the electricity cost, multiply the power consumption with the electricity tariff.
All these factors are considered to design this electricity consumption calculator. So, simply put the required information and calculate the power consumption in a fraction of a second!
Range of rated power of home appliances in India
These are a typical wattage range (rated power) of common home appliances and kitchen kitchen appliances in India-
|Appliance||Min. Power||Max. Power|
|Air Conditioner||600 Watts||3000 Watts|
|Air Cooler||50 Watts||200 Watts|
|Ceiling Fan||35 Watts||80 Watts|
|Dishwasher||1000 Watts||2000 Watts|
|Electric Kettle||1000 Watts||2000 Watts|
|Geyser/ Water Heater||1000 Watts||2000 Watts|
|Induction Cooktop||800 Watts||3000 Watts|
|Microwave Oven||1000 Watts||2500 Watts|
|Mixer Grinder||400 Watts||1200 Watts|
|Refrigerator||200 Watts||800 Watts|
|Room Heater||1500 Watts||3000 Watts|
|Steam Iron||1000 Watts||2200 Watts|
|Television||70 Watts||300 Watts|
|Toaster||600 Watts||1200 Watts|
|Tube Light||20 Watts||40 Watts|
|Vacuum Cleaner||1000 Watts||2000 Watts|
|Washing Machine||700 Watts||2000 Watts|