Kitchen appliances are for making your job easy inside your kitchen. Appliances like stand mixers and bread makers are unique and suitable for your modern kitchen. If you want to make bread and other preparation at home, both appliances are handy.
Now, which one is better?
To know more about these appliances, you need to go through a comparative study. Once you figure out the differences between these two appliances, you will know which one you need to buy now.
The 'bread maker' itself defines its function. If you want to make varieties of bread at home without any chemicals or gluten, a bread maker can help you there. It can knead the flour, mix all the ingredients smoothly, and prepare soft and smooth bread to enjoy your breakfast and at any other meal.
Do you want to buy a stand mixer?
The electric mixer can help you mix, kneading, whisking, etc., with its heavy-duty blades and whisk attachments. If you want to knead the dough for bread, that is also possible in this machine.
Here is a comparative study of stand mixer vs bread maker that will help you pick the suitable object for you.
Stand Mixer- What Does It Do?
A stand mixer is a motor-powered electric mixer that can churn many ingredients at a consistent pace. There are different types of stand mixers available based on different sizes. If you have a smaller kitchen, you can go for a compact stand mixer.
There are two types of stand mixers available- Bowl-lift and Tilt-head. In the bowl-lift kind of stand mixer, the bowl raises until the mixing attachments contact the content. For the latter, the mixer head is tilted to get in touch with the mixing content.
Bowl-lift variation is perfect while you are working in a large batch. You will find this type of stand mixer with more giant bowls. The tilt-head versions are for smaller families, and those are designed compactly.
Any type of stand-mixer is a multi-functional device that can help you in a lot of ways. You can make a batter or dough with the right consistency without tiring your hands and fingers. Whether you want to churn butter from milk, whip cream, make a dough or mix several ingredients for any recipe, the best stand mixer in India can do it efficiently without creating any mess.
When to Get a Stand Mixer?
If you want an appliance that can serve you as a dough maker, bread maker, ice-cream maker, spiralizer, pasta roller, and so on, you can buy a stand mixer. Mixing and blending are tasks that are involved with cooking in a way or that.
Whether you want to make a paste of whole spices or want to make dough for your flatbread, doing this manually or with a hand mixer is tiring. Why ache your fingers when you can buy a stand mixer?
Use those additional strong 'arms' in your kitchen to make your work easy inside the kitchen. Enjoy making frothy egg whites, fluffy creams, cinnamon buns, soft pizza dough, and many more things.
Bread Maker- What Does It Do?
Do you want to enjoy bread without gluten and many carbs?
Why don't you have a bread machine at home?
You can choose your ingredients and prepare fluffy and soft bread at home to enjoy with your family.
If you have a bread machine, you can forget about any stress of making bread. Just dump all the ingredients into the machine, press the right button, and relax. Within three and a half hours, your bread will be ready to eat.
A bread maker works through different phases. First of all, it is preheated so that the ingredients can rise enough to make fluffy bread. The next step is to knead the ingredients with the kneading paddle and make the dough ball.
The final step is to bake the bread. Your bread maker can keep the bread warm and fresh for an hour or so, but after that, if you don't bring it out, it can become soggy.
When to Buy a Bread Maker?
Bread is one of the most accessible modes of breakfast in many families. Making bread at home is an excellent idea if you don't want to buy it from the market. Also, when you have India's best bread maker at home, you can prepare varieties of bread like all-flour bread, gluten-free bread, multigrain bread, corn flour bread, wheat bread, and so on.
As this appliance kneads the dough and bakes it into soft bread, buying it will be a great decision. You can always buy a stand mixer for kneading, but it can't bake your bread; you will need an oven. With a bread maker, there is nothing more required for making pieces of bread.
Stand Mixer vs. Bread Maker- Which One Is Better?
Both the appliances are different than each other. While the first one does multi-task, the latter one is more applicable for preparing bread. Once you go through the comparative study between the two, you can differentiate the products and find the most suitable one to buy.
The Working Methods are different
Stand Mixers are better for beating, whisking amd whiping
A stand mixer can grind, beat, whisk, whip, and stir food items. It is a more efficient mixing ingredient method than doing it with a spoon or a hand mixer. A stand mixer works with specific attachments like dough hook, whisks, paddles, mixing bowls, etc.
When you make the dough in large quantities or whipping enough cream, a stand mixer is a perfect appliance to buy. You can also go for the compact size and the smaller version as per your requirement.
While working with a stand mixer, you can follow these steps-
- You need to attach the mixing bowl to the machine. You don't need to hold it like handheld mixers.
- After fixing the bowl to the machine, you need to add the appropriate attachments. For example, if you want to make a dough, attach the dough hook.
- Now, select the speed setting as per your need.
- Now, switch on the power button, flip the switch and let the motor do its work.
- If too much dough or cream sticks to the hook, switch it off, scrape the content, and again put it on.
Bread Makers focuses more on mixing, kneading and baking
Have you ever made bread at home?
If you have done, you know the processes. It involves mixing, kneading, rising, knocking down again and proving, and baking. With a bread maker, you can do all these things without putting in any manual labor.
A bread machine is a compact electric oven that comes with bread making tin. There is an axle at the bottom of the container that keeps it connected to the electric motor under the machine. A metal paddle is attached to the axle inside the tin. There is also a waterproof seal to keep the bread mixture inside the bread tin.
A bread maker follows the following steps to prepare bread in the right way-
- Put the tin inside the bread machine and attach the paddles.
- You can use the container to measure the ingredients too.
- Now, select the program from the electronic panel, close the lid, and wait.
- If your bread maker has a glass lid, you can watch the process going on.
- You will hear sounds of kneading from the beginning, and then everything will be quiet.
- This is the period of resting and rising.
- Then again, you will get a kneading sound and a pause for proving.
- Finally, the oven will be switched on, and the steam will come up from the vent.
- You will get a delicious aroma from the hot and fresh bread.
Applications and functions
A stand mixer is perfect for mixing, blending, grinding, etc for which you need not buy an extra hand blender. There are also other uses of a stand mixer, like-
- Shredding chicken
- Whipping up soft cream
- Making homemade sausages
- Scrambling up enough eggs
- Creating the perfect texture of salad dressing
- Milling the grains for making bread
On the other hand, a bread maker is a one-stop solution for making and baking bread. Apart from that, there are specific alternative usages of bread maker-
- Making stew
- Preparing dips and sauces
- Making meatloaf
- Making pudding
- Making noodles, yogurt, and cheesecake
Safety is a common concern for both the appliances
As your stand mixer is an electrical device, you have to be very careful about using it. Following specific safety measures will help you to use the appliance with ease-
- Never place the mixer on water or any liquid.
- Make sure that you place the mixer away from the edge of the kitchen counter.
- Check out if the cord is hanging over the side. If so, correct it immediately.
- Follow the user manuals to know which parts are dishwasher-safe.
- Always switch off the mixer when it is not in use.
Whether you are a beginner or have used a bread maker before, you should always follow the following safety tips to keep you and your family safe-
- The setting of the bread makers is somewhat different than each other. Always read the instructions.
- Never put the bread maker under running water for cleaning purposes.
- You can clean it with a moist cloth.
- Never touch the bread maker immediately after use, as it remains hot for some time. Keep it away from pets and children.
- Make sure the cord never hangs out of the kitchen counter.
- You should never overfill the bread pan; else, it will overflow.
- Never cover the bread maker while using it.
- Place the bread maker away from the walls.
- Always switch off the appliance when not in use.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Stand mixers are easy to clean. Follow the tips to clean and maintain the stand mixer properly-
- Unplug the appliance to maintain the safety measures
- Use soapy water solution to wash off the mixing bowl.
- Wipe off the body of the mixture with a damp cloth.
- Always read the manual to know the maintenance instructions of your stand mixer.
- Always warm up the mix before using for each time for better functioning.
- Never overheat the appliance.
To increase the longevity of your bread maker, you need to maintain it in the right way-
- Bread makers are not dishwasher safe. So, try to wash it by hand.
- Never use any chemical cleaners to clean the machine; instead, use a non-abrasive cleaner.
- To clean up the bread crumbs and residues inside the bread maker, you can use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment.
- Always clean the kneading blades after every use with soap and water.
Stand mixers are available at different price ranges, based on the features. You can get a branded and quality product within the range between Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 30,000.
In comparison to stand mixers, bread makers are cheaper options. To find a top-quality bread machine, you may need to spend within Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 15,000.
Ease of Use
Using a stand mixer is super easy. You need to plug it in and switch on the appropriate buttons from the setting to get your desired mixture. As a stand mixer can grind, mix, blend, whip, etc., you also need to attach the appropriate attachments as per your requirement.
If you have always wanted to have homemade bread, using a bread maker is the easiest way. You need to pour all the ingredients inside the machine, plug it in, and choose the right setting and relax. Your bread will be done at a specific time.
That stand mixer is the best, which runs at more than 250 Watts. Anything less than that can't mix ingredients well. To get the best performance, you should always go for a device that runs from 550 Watts to 1000 Watts power.
A bread maker is the best that runs within the range of 450 to 1650 Watts. For regular usage, you can buy a bread maker that runs on 800 Watts.
Stand Mixer vs Bread Maker : Comparison
|Appliance||Stand Mixer||Bread Maker|
|Functioning||Can grind, mixing, blending, kneading whisking, etc.||Can make bread dough, knead, and bake bread|
|Application||Shredding chicken, scrambling eggs, whipping ice cream, making salad dressing, etc.||Making varieties of dough, preparing meatloaf, dips, and sauces, etc.|
|Safety||Very safe to use||Very safe to use|
|Maintenance||Maintenance is easy as you can wash the mixing bowls and attachments in the dishwasher||Maintenance is time-consuming as the bread maker is not dishwasher safe|
|Cost||Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 30,000||Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 15,000|
|Ease of Use||Very easy to use||Very easy to use|
|Power Requirement||Requires 550 Watts to 1000 Watts||Requires 450 Watts to 1650 Watts|
Hopefully, here you get a thorough guidance about stand mixer vs bread maker and know how both the appliances are different from each other. While a stand mixer is perfect for grinding, mixing, blending, whipping, etc., a bread mixer is suitable for making different types of dough, including making hot and fresh bread.
A bread maker can bake your bread, while a stand mixer can only make the dough. For other steps, you need to put in a manual effort. On the other hand, a stand mixer can grind whole spices and make whipped cream for your cake which a bread machine can't do.